Cafe Racer Forum banner

What to do with a CB360

4K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  bmartin 
#1 ·
I have access to a 78 CB360 that is fairly complete and access to all the parts I need to do something with it. My plan is if I do something with this project and resale it. I'd like to maxiumize my effort.

My question is:

1 - run away from this project

2 - Rebuild it as a classic cb360

3 - Rebuild it as a nice cafe racer with disc setup and maybe a cb750 front end on it. (I plan to clean up the engine but leave it stock)

I have access to any part(s) I need to go either way with this project for very limited cost.

What do you folks think????

#3 ·
I'll get some pictures this week. The gas tank is mint inside and about the only thing that it really needs is tender loving hands to clean her up and a new front fender. I didn't have a chance to kick the motor through. I'll be checking this bike out again tomorrow and let you know..

#7 ·
ok, whats wrong with you? you got an extra ear or somethin?

i seem to be one of the only people here usually rooting for the stocker. I think there are plenty of bikes out there to hack up, why hack up a perfectly nice looking stock bike? they just have a certain appeal to me usually.

jc

#9 ·
yah thats what i meant....so theres gotta be something horribly wrong with you. some kind of disfigurement. or maybe you have some kind of parasitic twin attached to you that we cant see.

something.....

j

#10 ·
I watched a stock cb360 (with bad aftermarket mufflers), about 5000 miles, sell for $2700 on eBay over the winter. In case that helps tip the balance any. I know that's not typical, but I often see 'em go for more than $1500.

#11 ·
I watched a stock cb360 (with bad aftermarket mufflers), about 5000 miles, sell for $2700 on eBay over the winter. In case that helps tip the balance any. I know that's not typical, but I often see 'em go for more than $1500.

#12 ·
quote:Originally posted by joe c

yah thats what i meant....so theres gotta be something horribly wrong with you. some kind of disfigurement. or maybe you have some kind of parasitic twin attached to you that we cant see.

something.....

j
It's too early in your relationship to worry about that. You need to get a place. Buy some stuff, really nice expensive stuff "together". That is the only sure fire way to lure the alien that controls her mind out into the open.

Just kidding;)

I have a 360 I'd like out of my garage.

#13 ·
quote:Originally posted by joe c

something.....

j
It's too early in your relationship to worry about that. You need to get a place. Buy some stuff, really nice expensive stuff "together". That is the only sure fire way to lure the alien that controls her mind out into the open.

Just kidding;)

I have a 360 I'd like out of my garage.

#14 ·
i'll take that 360 out of your garage for ya!

i don't want super expensive stuff. i prefer building things. and spending the money on bikes, and tools, and track days. and stuff for the kitchen, you know, for baking. and the occasional pretty dress. also, no fancy presents, please. and forget that valentine's day exists. a flower picked on a nice summer day is better than that singing teddy bear, or a box of assorted chocolates that all taste pretty equally bad.

ok i'm done stealing your thread, and with my girly rant.

#15 ·
i'll take that 360 out of your garage for ya!

i don't want super expensive stuff. i prefer building things. and spending the money on bikes, and tools, and track days. and stuff for the kitchen, you know, for baking. and the occasional pretty dress. also, no fancy presents, please. and forget that valentine's day exists. a flower picked on a nice summer day is better than that singing teddy bear, or a box of assorted chocolates that all taste pretty equally bad.

ok i'm done stealing your thread, and with my girly rant.

#23 ·
quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

You sound like my girlfriend. She is a woman in the fact that she likes high heels and dresses, and she can cook. Past that, all her money goes into bikes, car shows, and doing random adrenaline junkie things. We skipped V-Day this year, as we both hate the idea of it. We pretty much recognize only birthdays and christmas. Her big ambition this year is to get a bike set up and get out on the track. I totally support my girlfriend and her decisions!

#22 ·
quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

You sound like my girlfriend. She is a woman in the fact that she likes high heels and dresses, and she can cook. Past that, all her money goes into bikes, car shows, and doing random adrenaline junkie things. We skipped V-Day this year, as we both hate the idea of it. We pretty much recognize only birthdays and christmas. Her big ambition this year is to get a bike set up and get out on the track. I totally support my girlfriend and her decisions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.