Cafe Racer Forum banner

What to do with a CB360

4K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  bmartin 
#1 ·
I have access to a 78 CB360 that is fairly complete and access to all the parts I need to do something with it. My plan is if I do something with this project and resale it. I'd like to maxiumize my effort.

My question is:

1 - run away from this project

2 - Rebuild it as a classic cb360

3 - Rebuild it as a nice cafe racer with disc setup and maybe a cb750 front end on it. (I plan to clean up the engine but leave it stock)

I have access to any part(s) I need to go either way with this project for very limited cost.

What do you folks think????

#28 ·
Thanks for all the input - Looks like classic stock will be the way to go with this project. With gas prices up near 4 dollars, I'm sure that will not hurt selling this off. As far as cost for stocker vs cafe, I find the cost to do a classic can be more than a nicely done cafe. Stock parts are expensive and can be hard to find. I'll be shooting some pictures of the bike and post them later tonight. I'll have to add a flower vase (like VW's) and cookies with the sale in honor of girlnamedgo. Now if I can find the time to finish my other project - 69 cb750 classic, I'll be a happy camper.

#29 ·
Thanks for all the input - Looks like classic stock will be the way to go with this project. With gas prices up near 4 dollars, I'm sure that will not hurt selling this off. As far as cost for stocker vs cafe, I find the cost to do a classic can be more than a nicely done cafe. Stock parts are expensive and can be hard to find. I'll be shooting some pictures of the bike and post them later tonight. I'll have to add a flower vase (like VW's) and cookies with the sale in honor of girlnamedgo. Now if I can find the time to finish my other project - 69 cb750 classic, I'll be a happy camper.

#34 ·
Thanks for the tip - the mufflers are in good shape, solid with very minor surface rust that should clean up nice. The rest of the bike is mostly there with the exception of the side covers and 1/2 of the front fender.

#36 ·
This 360 in it's present state is about 200 to 300 dollars. Fixed up and running & looking nice - not sure, depends on who is laying down the cash. I would guess somewhere between 1K and 1.5K . With gas up around 4 bucks - this little commuter that can get 70mph will look pretty nice.

Just my guess - probley more or less in other parts of the country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.