Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Coolest bike related thing and coolest non-bike-related thing.

I'll go first:

Coolest bike thing:

1975 CB750F tank, NOS in Flake sunrise orange. Since my family vowed not to buy me any more bike stuff I bought this as a present to myself (got a great ebay price on it too).

Coolest Non-bike thing:

Fender Jaguar HH with Dual humbuckers. I hate all black guitars but this one was too pretty to pass up. My folks knew just what I wanted but would never buy for myself. It sounds like hot melted sex.....

·
Registered
585 Posts
I got a nice hat -- I'm bald so a good hat is an important thing because my head gets cold! I like old Basque Berets, but I some how keep destroying them.

I got another and that is very nice.
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Tim,
I got an XT timer last year and found it to be a very useful tool. It's fun to watch the lap times drop. If I'm not mistaken, Branson sets up his transmitter.
I'm looking for an AMB260 unit since VRRA is already using them, AHRMA is going to use them in ALL classes in 2009 and WERA is alread onboard. AHRMA is offering them for $350. I hope that price includes everything I need. Hopefully USCRA will make the jump too.

My cool toy is one of those cheap RC helicopters. The kids and cats love it.
Oh yeah, I got a new to me Ski-doo Formula 600 for "winter training".

Jeff

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i got left alone. then went for a ride last night. unreal. no traffic. clear sky. cold. im sure i annoyed half the population of the county.

best present i could have gotten.

jc

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
i-Pod shuffle, now I can download all the GD music I want, you posers! Dylan got Lincoln Logs, I spent all day building with him and his sister. Kids are great!

Bike gift, (sorta). MIG welding class at Modern Welding in Schenectady. I will use my new knowledge to better the wankermobile. Carb rebuild kit for the BMW Bings. Which were put to good use keeping me in the basement shop whilst the in-laws were visiting ;)

Yeller'
ps. I think I have to complete a few laps before I can worry about droppin' times!
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

Edited by - Pete Casper on Dec 26 2007 12:46:46 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
TT,
We ALWAYS have our transmitter at the track...but don't always remember to set it up. If I forget, then I keep an eye on the timer during practice to see if anyone else has one set up.
I've forgotten and left it setup after the races a few times and had to climb, squeeze or otherwise fenegal a way over the fence to get it.

I'll be more than happy to have you remind me to set it up.

JohnnyB.

PS. For Christmas I got Carnal Knowledge of all your women

PSS. Peter, I have a doorman at the bar making sounds like he wants to go to the MWS.

Edited by - jbranson on Dec 26 2007 1:32:54 PM

·
Registered
450 Posts
Coolest thing I got was a down payment on a Condo in Portland. Also got stuff for the place such as a microwave and toaster oven. Funny if you had told me 10 years ago I would be getting appliances for Christmas, I would have been pissed, but now I am excited:) I moving up the 5th so when is the pahty Maine people?

Got a Nicky Hayden (sigh) model motorcycle and a Honda racing sweatshirt because now I am part of the crew. My mom is still in denial that I race so I don't get much motocycle related stuff.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Kerry...so you are a helmet babe at the Motorcycle Show?
What's up with that? Who are you working for?

Discounts for everyone all year :) ?

JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I am doing the "Hobby" welding course. The MIG welding course is done in a day. I did some arc welding in HS, but that was a long time ago.
http://modernwelding.com/hobby_welding/index.htm

I also picked up this book on my own and read it cover to cover. It is a good GMAW/MIG how to book.
http://www.amazon.com/Gas-Metal-Arc-Welding-Handbook/dp/1566376920/ref=pd_sim_b_title_10

I'll let you guys know if I blow myself up!

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

Edited by - Pete Casper on Dec 26 2007 2:50:35 PM

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
I moving up the 5th so when is the pahty Maine people?
Sweet. I believe the party is at YOUR place, when you call it.

So call it. Maybe we can get a bunch of idiots together beforehand and get some bikes out on the ice somewhere. My TTR will have ice screws once I get off my ass and put them in.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am a helmet babe for a place called The Service Pavilion (http://www.theservicepavilion.com/). They do all the IMS shows as well as the AMA races and some rallies. I am not sure about an all year discount, but I will talk to him about that.

The owner Rob is a good guy who used to work for Arai. He has trained me to fit the helmets properly from shape to liner size to cheek pad size. We work with each individual to find the right helmet for them. Wow do I sound like a commercial or what.

Ok I will call the party! My place is pretty small so I hope we all like each other:)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Got a wicked cool "belly pan" for my 300cc racebike, as well as a jersey proclaiming loyalty for the brand. Ok, it's actually a skidplate, but that didn't sound as cool. But it's made of 6061 alumineeum and it's quite stout. It's for my KTM.
Also got some dough-re-mi, which kicks ass.

Yup.

FR

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I got:
a talking Merriam Webster electronic dictionary
a heart rate monitor for work outs
a stethoscope (a real one...for listening to engines and such)
a pair of shoes
7 new shirts
a cool clip on LED light
one of those scrabble games where the little pieces fit into little recesses in the board. Nice wooden, rotating table top type.

And pictures of all your women naked.
JohnnyB

(why can't I ever be totally serious...it's a problem)

Edited by - jbranson on Dec 26 2007 7:46:17 PM

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Some hand blown tumblers and a bottle of single malt.....after the inebriants had taken hold we made our way through some Duke Ellington standards featuring my eight year old daughter on recorder…..priceless

Present to self: paint the tank, tail and front fender on the yamaha project. It’s killer

Yo jerseygirl….good choice on the new digs. Portland is a gas

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Christmas eve theFedex man showed up with my Bonneville record trophy. After that I didn't need anything.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i got way spoiled this year.

320 GB pininfarina simpletech ext hard drive
2 pair jeans (nice ones)
underwear (jockey YES)
Dekline shoes 2 pair
H&M jacket..its an amazing jacket
Samsung DVD player to match my LCD TV
Slippers
some HM sweater i was eying
more clothes
a new bedroom set that was not cheap
Some mint chocolate
500 CASH MONEY from mom in law

----------------------------
http://www.driftalliance.com

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I got some fun beer. My son and daughter -in - law got me an assorted 12 pak of some cool beer. The Sierra Nevada Stout is outstanding. I can't wait to try the rest. OK, I couldn't wait I am drinking a Point St. Benedict's Winter Ale. It is yummy, too. Point is a local WI brew. You can all pick some up when you come to Road America in June.
I got gift certificates to Barnes and Nobles, Borders and Home Depot!!

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts