Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
look out guys with over priced junk... always plenty of bargins to be had just gotta haggle with them.

ive got a swap meet coming up next weekend can't wait.

·
Registered
337 Posts
hopefully the okc one is better than the Tulsa one.it's pretty good if your looking for some assless chaps or old harley parts.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
for your TU? what I would be looking for is dirtbike wheels in the same spoke count and size as your existing wheels with a similar sized hub. That way you can cut the alloy rim from its old hub and lace it to your wheels. A buddy who used to muck about with choppers was once bitching to me about 21" steel harley wheels and not being able to get something for a metric bike. I took him to a large swap meet and we scored 2 alloy 21" dirtbike rims in the proper spoke count for $20 total.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
for your TU? what I would be looking for is dirtbike wheels in the same spoke count and size as your existing wheels with a similar sized hub. That way you can cut the alloy rim from its old hub and lace it to your wheels. A buddy who used to muck about with choppers was once bitching to me about 21" steel harley wheels and not being able to get something for a metric bike. I took him to a large swap meet and we scored 2 alloy 21" dirtbike rims in the proper spoke count for $20 total.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to come out of my lurker status for a moment and warn you. This is the same swap meet that comes to Tulsa and you will mostly find leather jackets, chaps, stickers, patches, and tons of stock Harley take offs.

I have had friends who have found treasures there over the years but it's very rare and they are gone early.

This swap meet happens once a year in Norman and is supposed to have some deals. I didn't go this year but I've seen some of the stuff other people scored.

http://www.normanswapmeet.com/home.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to come out of my lurker status for a moment and warn you. This is the same swap meet that comes to Tulsa and you will mostly find leather jackets, chaps, stickers, patches, and tons of stock Harley take offs.

I have had friends who have found treasures there over the years but it's very rare and they are gone early.

This swap meet happens once a year in Norman and is supposed to have some deals. I didn't go this year but I've seen some of the stuff other people scored.

http://www.normanswapmeet.com/home.html

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my buddy lives in edmond its a multi-purpose trip.

im looking for metric dirt and street tanks from yesteryear to refurb mostly or put on custom stuff.

this is the same swap meet that goes to tulsa. Jwilliams or something similar.

I'll be mondo disappointed if all it is is leather jackets and chaps.

are we talking about a motorcycle swap meet or a homosexual bear swap meat? right?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well my buddy lives in edmond its a multi-purpose trip.

im looking for metric dirt and street tanks from yesteryear to refurb mostly or put on custom stuff.

this is the same swap meet that goes to tulsa. Jwilliams or something similar.

I'll be mondo disappointed if all it is is leather jackets and chaps.

are we talking about a motorcycle swap meet or a homosexual bear swap meat? right?

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I have a few bear friends here in NY and can tell you that "bears" have better taste than leather chaps, fringe, tassels, and leather "biker" jackets.

it is really only harley riders who dress like gay tough guy sterotypes. Even the gay community says that shit is played out.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I have a few bear friends here in NY and can tell you that "bears" have better taste than leather chaps, fringe, tassels, and leather "biker" jackets.

it is really only harley riders who dress like gay tough guy sterotypes. Even the gay community says that shit is played out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I rode Brit bikes I found parts every now and then but more or less it is a bunch of middle aged men looking for leather and camaraderie.

If you come on Saturday you should check out A&A Yamaha on the south side. They have a big warehouse of salvage bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I rode Brit bikes I found parts every now and then but more or less it is a bunch of middle aged men looking for leather and camaraderie.

If you come on Saturday you should check out A&A Yamaha on the south side. They have a big warehouse of salvage bikes.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Do they sell stickers there that say "Badass"? It's not a real swap meet unless you can pick from thousands of different stickers that espouse your badassness.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Do they sell stickers there that say "Badass"? It's not a real swap meet unless you can pick from thousands of different stickers that espouse your badassness.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts