Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Jake. I just picked up a 1980 Honda CB750 Custom off one of my dad's friends about a week ago and this is my first street bike. The bike is in pretty good condition but the carbs needed to be redone which my dad's friend started but never finished (thats why I got it for free) he lost a few parts off of them but I should have the parts in a couple days. I grew up around motorcycles and bikers, mostly harley owners if not all. I also have a dirtbike and I've been riding since I was like 10 or 11.

Anyways I'm into muscle cars, I own a 1972 Oldsmobile 442 currently and I love the car, unfortantly I blew the motor street racing. I was driving her everyday, it pisses those anal retentive people off that thought the car should sit in a garage all the time. It was built to drive and I drive it everyday, but with the new motor I'm putting together I figured it might be time to buy something cheap to run around, my other car is nice but I can't afford insurance on both so I got the bike. The bike also will be a whole lot cheaper on gas than my 442. I also like older styled hot rods (aka rat rods) its probably why I want to make my bike into a cafe racer style bike.

Well here's my plans for my bike. I was going to ditch the front fender and switch to the dual front disc brake set up from the S/S CB750s, I was also going to add the slimmer tank, seat, shorter rear fender, and lower handle bars. I was going to paint it flat black and get my pin striping friend to do some pin striping on it. I was going to lower the bike a inch or 2 and add the K&N stage 2 power jet kit and paint the exhuast flat black and add header wrap on, maybe a better performance exhaust. I was planning on riding the bike as is till next winter and just slowly collect the stuff I need for it and do all my work next winter.

20/m
1980 Honda CB750 Custom
1972 Oldsmobile 442
1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you got all the right bits for the 442??? drop us some pics of it. they're one of my faves. my best friend in school had a cutlass s soft top. a 72. nice ride man.

j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts