Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a street sr500 that has the 8 spoke wheels, 19 inch front and 18 in. rear. I just read soemwhere that RD350 wheels (wire spoked) will fit. Anyone know? also, as they are the "mag" 8 spoked wheels, are they more difficult to change tires on? i remember from my childhood that when I had "mag" tires on my 65 mustang that you had to have a special tire changer to do them.

All I can say is, I'm glad Caferacer got fixed. Skulls line blows. (though I'm sure something like that will happen here too eventually)

scott

ps BFD, I'll be sending that coil back soon. I'm still waiting for a reasonably clear day to run the bike a bit before sending it back.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Scott,
The tubeless tires that go on mags sometimes seem a bit tigher fit to me. I've done both, main consideration with mags is just not marring their pretty finish. The metal seems a bit softer on the mags.

The special tire changers you remember were machines with special tooling to prevent marring the soft rims compared to steel rims.

Your SR might handle a bit quicker with an 18" front.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I am looking for an 18. First of many things to spend money on )or maybe not!!)

s

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Evil
Whenever you get there is fine. I don't need it until sometime after the monsoon blows through :)
bfd

·
Registered
68 Posts
I helped Samara Talkin put a set of XS650 spoke wheels on her SR (relaced the front hub to 18") and that came out pretty cool.

No major mods from what I can remember.

adios muchachos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts