Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Greetings... respectfully requesting info on wheel upgrades for stock 82 CB900F! At present running 2.15 front and 2.50 rear! Without any mods to front rear suspension(fork/swingarm)...
what is max rim widths w respective rubber which this bike can accommodate without adverse handling effects and or interference from fender frame etc;
As this is my first moto bike(own 15 bicycles:))... learning daily specifics of this model... however, given stock rim package-limitations exist on providing rubber with better tread pattern or contact patch to take better advantage of bike's performance... Eventually will let this beauty morph into a neo Freddie Spenser... yet with +23k on odo and as legit second owner... preserving most of bike's original class and charm... Again grateful to any and all contributions for wheel/tire upgrades and additional mods... thanks good people and riders of Cafe Racer Net...

regards and safety on your rides...

1n8man...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
just keep it stocks wheels put some quality rubber,good shocks, service forks,learn how to ride on a smaller bike that is way too much bike for a beginner

·
Registered
537 Posts
pretty sure you can get some avon roadriders in that size. if it's your first bike, stock should be fine and plenty grippy for you as i don't think you'd be pushing the bike to its limits anytime soon if it's your first bike. that being said, I've gone a bit nuts w/ my first bike but, it's also cost me a huge loss on ride time and i wish i'd jumped on a ready to ride bike a bit earlier. luckily i have a friend who's been letting me ride his spare for a bit......anyways, a lot of people put cbr f2 wheels on them..not entirely bolt on i don't think but pretty close... check out cb1100f.net.

also, probably a good idea to just ride the bike as is for a while b/c then you will have a better idea of what you like/don't like and will have a better base to work from when you decide to change things.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
search for tyre fitment charts, there are a couple of good ones online which give alternative fitment fot rim width
Usually you can go up one rim size then fit tyres to match
BTW, thanks for getting terminology and sizes right, you'll get lots of advice (some of it good ;))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts