Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have black or some other colored wheels for my cb360 build. everything is basically stock so something that matched up would be sweet. if anyone has any suggestions as to where i can start looking online or even a place that i can call that would help me and ship them. im in philly so a local place would be great.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
how about putting some thought into what you actually want and maybe stroking your keyboard a bit more providing a few more specifics so perhaps

somebody can help you

best I can tell you want black (spoke or mag??) that will bolt/match up to the rest of your (stock?) 360 whose year is unknown and may not even matter...... and you (don't??) want to so much as even have to adjust or make a wheel spacer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow. Its a 75 cb360. i just wanted some advice as to where other people have gotten wheels built before thats all.I am pretty new to this so i dont know the first thing about switching out the wheels if its even worth it. Just wanted a bit of help

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
building your own wheels is easy.........

measure the offsets and note them before taking them apart

own a good Rowe spoke wrench

order good spokes

I am partial to Buchanons

and take your time, you may be a natural at it

some are, some are not

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, part of the reason i wanted new wheels is so that i could run larger tires front and back. i wanted to keep my og hubs, because they are easy enough to clean up. then re-lace them to a wider more modern rim so i had more choices as far as tires go, and i could have new looking wheels that will fit the look that i am trying to get. i have laced bmx wheels and i know that it has got to be harder than that. and that sucks. haha

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Buchanons can supply spokes to lace up about any hub to any rim

not a bit harder than lacing bicycle wheels

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Aaron,
This has been discussed before on here many times. You might want to use the search function. I have used the rear alloy rims off of dirt bikes laced up to the original hubs on a 350. They are wider, aluminum, can be found anodized in colors. Are you running a drum front or a disc? If you are using the disc, then you will have an issue with the spoke angles from a rim that was originally a drum. If you want to go with the drum brake look then the drum front wheel from a CL360 will bolt right up.

Ken

By the way, FILL OUT YOUR BIO.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
how big do you want to go?

what neighborhood in philly?

fill out your bio!

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts