Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is one for you all to mull over. From your previous experience when does it switch over from being a buyers market to a sellers market for bikes in your area? Show your work.

Personally, I have always noticed that the switch begins to happen right at the end of march beginning of april, right when spring starts to hit here. But there is also a lot of gun jumping where bikes flood to market halfway though march that kinda drops the prices one last final time before the big push upward into primary riding/selling season.

All this has me thinking because I was surfing ebay and based on my rudimentary calculations the later (73-76) cb750Ks (a bike which I am quite fond of and whose values have been on the rise) may actually cross the $2500 mark as the average selling price. Of course I failed math but it is sound based on the over the winter values I have been seeing shelled out for these bikes. Sadly it may still be some time before the F bikes and the 77-78Ks make it there but hey you can't win them all.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny....actually I was just trying to have a conversation on this board where I didn't have to call somebody gay or tell them they need out of the gene pool.

naw, I was just curious since I have always been facinated by the classic bike and car market. I figured it would be good info to have on this site for the newbies that there is actually a good time to buy and a good time to sell.

Also it affects us as cafe racers since it looks like a lot of the "disposable" early 1970s big bore jap stuff is slowly heading out of the reach of the backyard mechanic. A cb750 is a bike you used to get for $100 running, now they are going into the $1000s, T500s, H1s, H2s, KZ900s (z1 espically), GS1000s are getting out of reach. All that is going to be left is a bunch of 1980s bikes and even they are starting to climb in value (CB1100F, early gsxr750s, etc).

I have also noted a fluctuation in buying lately around here, that for some reason there is a little spike of bike buying at the end of january, where as february is pretty much a dead month.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts