Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 75 honda cb200t and im looking to get some aftermarket parts for it.. but the problem is that i can't find any where that sell parts for it.. i seen many parts for the other motor but i dont know if its going to fit or not... please help me out thanks

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
how about you tell us what parts you want specifically. and by the way, bars and seats do not a cafe racer make.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
jimmy,

figure out what you want to do.....make a sketch, etc.....then do a little searching on your own.

we can offer advise, but we can not read your mind.

help us, help you.

tex

·
Registered
22 Posts
wow, terrible responses...

airtech-streamlining.com for body
cb750cafe.com for body
JCWhitney.com for parts
OldbikeBarn.com for parts
roccitycafe.com for body
benjiescaferacer.com for body
z1enterprises.com for parts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 7urbo

wow, terrible responses...

airtech-streamlining.com for body
cb750cafe.com for body
JCWhitney.com for parts
OldbikeBarn.com for parts
roccitycafe.com for body
benjiescaferacer.com for body
z1enterprises.com for parts
Wow you are a tool.....anybody can post generic parts and a whole bunch of shit that doesn't fit his bike...

considering that some of us have used the above mentioned vendors and some of them may never get used again and not recommend them for anybody I would say that you 7urbo have probably had the worst post in the thread as you have steered him toward nothing actually helpful except some low quality shit and stuff that may be over his head.

now, what parts were needed specifically for the cb200t?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
not that i really WANT to get in the middle of this, but it seems to me that GEETO and tex probably have some pretty good ideas for obtaining the proper parts. not that i worship their post numbers or anything (i do), nor am i trying to suck up so they will help me with my exhaust problem (yes, i am), but seriously, these guys have obviously built a few bikes and have definitely been doing it long enough for me to take their word for it if they say "this vendor is shit, and here's why...", or if they say "oh, this is the part you need? here's where to look/i have one of those." so, yeah, check out my exhaust technical question.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
z1 enterprises is awesome for cb750 and kz900 stuff. Practically nothing for a cb200t. I am a regular customer of z1 enterprises but I watch their prices in comparison with Dynoman.net as sometimes they are cheaper and sometimes they are not on things like dyna ignitions. But for a cb200T maybe they have 1 or 2 small aftermarket service items but that is it.

Benjiescaferacer.com - I am a regular customer here as well as I own one of his seats and headlight buckets. Again nothing for a cb200T at all. He can make you something custom for a cb200 but it will cost. As it stands his prices are 3 times what you will get a generic cafe seat for but there is a reason - with the seat you get a nicely finished product for a specific application - it bolts on and away you go. Some of his other parts require a little work but overall the quality is good.

Oldbike barn sells basically carpy and airtech stuff plus the cheap crap that you can find and bolt on anywhere. Honestly anything thye sell can be had on ebay for 15-20% less. Plus they had major shipping problems about a year or so ago which gaurantees I will probably never be a customer of theirs ever again.

JCWhitney - good for a laugh or a cheap light set. I would not buy anything from them that I wasn't expecting to break in the next 10 days. I have a pile of mini-gauges to back up tht statement. They have good prices on accessory lights but that is about it. For generic stuff I would lean more toward dennis kirk (www.denniskirk.com).

cb750 cafe is carpys site and like the domain says it is basically cb750 stuff. Nothing he sells will fit on a cb200t. Not a damn thing, well maybe a decal or something but it will say something gay like "cafe" "caferacer" or "750 cafe". Carpy does make some quality stuff but none of it is for a cb200.

Airtech may be the only worthwhile like in that whole pile to the original poster. They sell generic stuff, some of which will fit a cb200t. Plus their site has measurements of the parts so you can measure up before buying. The fiberglass is passible, not fantastic but it will do the job. Bret at Glass from the past stuff is better quality and he will generic bodywork that will fit the 200t. Plus he is a member here and willing to work with you on getting the right part.

there is not a lot direct bolt on stuff for the 200T, to be honest which is why if there is something you are looking for specifically it is probably a good idea to let us know what it is you want so we can point you in the correct direction. The cb200T also has the distinction of being the 3rd most talked about bike on this site, after the cb350 and the cb750, which means if you do a search you will turn up a lot of info and ideas as to what others have done to their bikes. there are a lot of them in hte project builds section as well with photos.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
oh I should add - www.hondaparts-direct.com for stock genuine service items. servicehonda.com is also very good.

For bars, well if you want clubmans I would suggest finding a set of adjustable clubmans like from bevel heaven. Spendy but worth it, espically if you are not going to go through the trouble of making your own rearsets for the bike. Champ sells awesome clipons and also has the distinction of being a member here (250gpchamp) and also a former cb200 owner. He can set you up with what you need. He also has small bike fixed clubmans which are higher quality and will work better than the generic pieces of shit you find cheap on ebay. Something to learn about jap bikes are all bars are 7/8ths of an inch so any 7/8 diameter bar will work.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
We still don't know what he wants. I mean, this has been an entertaining thread so far, but in a sort of empty, dumb way.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I thik you can get all the aftermarket parts yo want off of e-bay. They have cafe racer fairings, clubman bars, colored grips,fork seals, shorty mufflers, carb kits and pod air filters. I think that is all it takes to make a cool cafe bike. Then you can be a part of the cafe lifestyle.

Just trying to help,
Ken

P.S. The bars won't fit, the fairing is too big, the grips will disintegrate, the fork seals will leak, the mufflers will be too big for the headpipes, you won't be able to jet the carbs for the air filters and the carb kits will have the wrong jets and needles.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
As its a development of the CB160 I think someone here will have cam, carbs etc to take some measurements from.
If is only a 'look' then external fiberglass is all the guy needs, rearsets will have to be fabricated or adapted from something newer but that's 'normal'
PJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Wow you are a tool.....anybody can post generic parts and a whole bunch of shit that doesn't fit his bike...

considering that some of us have used the above mentioned vendors and some of them may never get used again and not recommend them for anybody I would say that you 7urbo have probably had the worst post in the thread as you have steered him toward nothing actually helpful except some low quality shit and stuff that may be over his head.

now, what parts were needed specifically for the cb200t?
Just trying to get the guy some information, Hoss. I figure answering a question with another question doesn't get him very far in a hurry.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Show us some pictures of the stuff you like.

Some of the people here just make their own parts. That includes body panels.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
bijan,

you have to realize that the guy that has chosen the name: Cafe_Racer on caferacer.net and has posted only TWO threads to the SAME question where he gives ZERO info about his bike or his plans gets a little bit annoying. i know you were trying to help, but we need jimmy (cafe_racer) to help himself a lot first before were going to jump in an try to rescue him from himself.

everybody needs to do a little research and work on their own before they post up on an enthusiast bbs.

don't get all offended, don't try to defend yourself. just let this one play out, and move on........

carry on, nothing to see here.

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok, first you need clubmans, because every real bike has those. see champs stuff in member services. right geet? youll need about 4 cans of flat black spray paint. that way you get the cool flat black look. no need to take those fenders, sidecovers, and gastank off. why do the extra work, if you have masking tape and some old newspapers. oh, "what about those honda and cb200 badges" you ask? silly me, they pry off with a screwdriver. thats right, they'll pop right off. now, here comes the tough part, order yourself some tires. listen, i know people will rave about avons, and bt45's, but seriously, if you can actually ride the bike, those arent going to make any difference to you. none what so ever. kendas will work just fine. youve probably noticed that old exhaust, after 30+ years, is a little ragged looking. this is where a hacksaw is useful. just cut those header pipes right off. if you have a sawzall, all the better. this will make it run a little lean, but take out that airbox, and put a couple of k&n airfilters on the carbs, and youll be back to square.

now, if youre feeling really creative, and mechanically inclined that day, you can remove the seat, and go with a cool bump seat. youll of course want to move the battery under it. youll need a smaller battery. i suggest a couple of 6v lantern batteries in series. just wire them together. then hook the red wire over the positive post, and just ground the negative side to something. i like to use a piece of wood to support it all. easy to cut. and easy to drill holes in to mount stuff on. just paint that black too. done worry, the tire will never get that close to the piece of wood. that should get you started. here are some links to help you find some stuff you need.

here are some helpful links.

www.eveready.com
www.krylon.com
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/global_homepage_flash.html
http://www.duckproducts.com/
www.homedepot.com
www.tannermatic.com
http://www.kendausa.com/motorcycle/motorcycle.html
http://kandn.com/

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Joe, if you replace the rear shocks with struts you never have to worry about the tire bottoming out again. Since you are being so helpful, why not show the layout of the checker board stripe and the 69 stickers. Don't forget the sidemount tail light and license plate, too. Don't worry about paint on the front and rear fender either, just take them off and throw them away, cause it is all about the look.

Ken

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ken, um, everyone knows those checkers and 59club stickers are ghey. jesus....havnt you learned anything from hanging out here? i forgot about the plate. the guy is trying to build a serious bike here. not some "for looks only" thing. this is going to be a serious commuter. you know, like everyday. in the rain and all.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok, nuff sarcasm. i agree with tex, and geet. find things you like. shop around. look at bikes. everything you want is available at some price. figure out the direction you want to go, maybe put some pics up if you can figure it out, or a link, and start asking away.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Still don't know what his final plan is.First thing I'd do is send the head off to be ported, get some better carbs, figure out how I want to raise compression, and see if I can't find a cam for it. I'd buy some avons and some progressive suspension for it. Screw painting and a cafe-seat.
But that's me. Again, no idea where this guy wants to take the bike...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts