Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing a UK market 1976 Honda CB250 G5 back with me to the States, and I want to know what classes I'll race in at an AHRMA or USCRA race. I looked at the rulebook(s), but I had a hard time finding my class. Can you help? [?]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
34 views and no reply? I know one of you track hawks has to have even a fuzzy idea.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
The year of the bike would typically fall into a "Super Vintage" class....but typically Super Vintage classes run minimum 350cc bike...usually of a pretty highly modified type.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
my guess is for the uscra, youd have to be indexed in somehow. if they let yo run it at all. the cb250's a cool little bike. ahrma, you may not have a competitive class to run it in. with it being that "modern" and little. but i honestly have no idea.

you could also actually try over on the uscra board. not sure if there is a link to it, but race-uscra.com. i have no idea how youll find out about it with ahrma. they have regional reps you could try asking.

jc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!! Looks like I'll have to keep the 250 street and go with a 350/360.... that seems easier and more competitive.

·
Registered
347 Posts
lean more toward a 350 as it will be applied toward more classes than a 360 between the various organizations.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Pip,
I've imported bikes from the UK, and at the costs I was dealing with the bike would have to be pretty significant in order to have it be worthwhile... a CB250 doesn't seem that exotic to make it worthwhile. If you have a cheap in (ie: military cargo flights, Indian freighter, friend at the customs office) then why don't you bring in some trick hardware instead. I brought in a RGV250 and ZXR400, but the costs were probably 2500$ per bike and I handled all the customs and legalities myself... I doubt I'd ever do it again it was so much work.

I would like to hear how you are bringing the bikes in though!

Peace
Karl

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in the Military, and they are going to ship the bike for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts