Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
I think it is really cool. I wanna make a roadtrip that starts there to check them out in person, and ends at DA's to submit my findings. Thanks for the link.

Texy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pretty cool looking. I wonder what kinda speeds they get out of them? Probably faster than my vespa's.
Thanks for sharing,
Billy

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
speeds listed in the spec sheets say 60mph for the single cyl models and 70 for the v-tweezys....

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I think the engines are actually Kohler ...ehhh...lawn tractor type engines. It's a cool novelty sort of bike, but they are asking real money, for which you could buy a real motorcycle. $3-4000 and they might have something, but not $7000.

But lets not dis Kohler engines... I've got one in my 76 Cubcadet and the freakin thing can sit outside for a year and start right up on a 30 degree day with year old gas in it. Got a couple thousand hours of run time on it.

But yeah, they kinda seem like giant mini-bikes. Still can't figure out exactly what the market demographic would be.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
23,295 Posts
you know, I betcha they would sell a ton of them if they were diesel. One of the guys from spannerland put a diesel in a harley hardtail chopper frame and it is really surprising. He got the engine for around $2K and it is turbo and Fuel injected. gets unbelievable mileage out of the thing and it is surprisingly fast.

·
Registered
23,295 Posts
you know, I betcha they would sell a ton of them if they were diesel. One of the guys from spannerland put a diesel in a harley hardtail chopper frame and it is really surprising. He got the engine for around $2K and it is turbo and Fuel injected. gets unbelievable mileage out of the thing and it is surprisingly fast.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hehehe ...yeah that would be very cool. Think of the miles you could put on a bike like that.
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hehehe ...yeah that would be very cool. Think of the miles you could put on a bike like that.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
197 Posts
a diesel harley must be much lighter than stock. of course it is faster. not too hard to be. to be lighter and faster than a stock harley. but those bikes we start on top of topic. the rider of those bikes must think the look is the man too.
-p1j

·
Registered
197 Posts
a diesel harley must be much lighter than stock. of course it is faster. not too hard to be. to be lighter and faster than a stock harley. but those bikes we start on top of topic. the rider of those bikes must think the look is the man too.
-p1j

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I like the concept of using one of those Kohler type v-twins in a bike. I would try to style it like "If all I had was this old JAP or BSA twin and I want a cafe bike" kind of thing. Maybe stick it in a BSA A-10 frame or something.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I like the concept of using one of those Kohler type v-twins in a bike. I would try to style it like "If all I had was this old JAP or BSA twin and I want a cafe bike" kind of thing. Maybe stick it in a BSA A-10 frame or something.

Ken

·
Registered
23,295 Posts

·
Registered
23,295 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts