Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So I have always wanted a ratted out cafe, and was lucky enough to pickup a 78 Bonnie from my old man. I am having a hard time finding a seat that will fit the wide rear hoop. I have found one on flea bay that might fit, one from slipstreamcycles but the rear end is very abrupt, another from hotwingglass that is built for the OIF, and another that is a replacement foam and cover for the stock seat pan but kinda pricey.

Anyone else have any suggestions? The hoop is 11"wide and 26"long

Attachments

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
glass from the past makes an excellent seat for the OIF bikes. Bret does excellent work and knows Brit stuff in and out. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought of doing my own, but i think once i figure in all the materials and tools, and mistakes, it will just be cheaper to buy a pre fab one lol.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I have thought of doing my own, but i think once i figure in all the materials and tools, and mistakes, it will just be cheaper to buy a pre fab one lol.
And you would be 100% correct with that line of reasoning.:)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
glass from the past makes an excellent seat for the OIF bikes. Bret does excellent work and knows Brit stuff in and out. Highly recommend.
I have one from GFTP and it fits the frame rails/hoop perfectly and also fits well with the tank. The gelcoat requires some finishing prior to paint.
ed

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm telling you, this is the one you want:
Triumph seat - TRIBTC
Smoedog,
That is the seat I have from GFTP w/their seat cushion. To moun tit you need something similar to the mounts used for Norton seats which fasten the seat to the upper shock mounting studs. Requires you to bond two small aluminum tabs on the inside of the molded seat. See mine below.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Do you have it? How did you mount it? Did you mount it to the stock seat pan or what?
I helped my buddy mount it to his OIF after Bret sent him a seat. Basically what TCed said, u shaped bracket that mounts to the shock mounts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts