Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geeto was right carbs are what ills me. I figure i will take off clean, replace etc. Where can i buy good rebuild kits from? Any place to avoid? Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
avoid the keyster carb kits. ken at cyclex.com has a really nice and complete rebuild kit there

fat people are harder to kidnap

·
Registered
569 Posts
the northwest f160 guys absolutely hate the keyster kits, they say all the parts are available from honda...I have to say I have the keyster kits in 2 160's with no real problems, other than having to trim the gasket on the sides...I don't use the needles, the f160 group says the needles are just wrong..

d.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i got a guys card at mid o who i got carb kits from. i got some keysters for the cb350/2. all wrong. the pack says 68-73. half the package is type one and early model carbs, the half of the parts are later model carbs. alot of junk. the jets are wrong. the airscrews are wrong, for the later models, and just a bunch of shit. i think i got k and ls from the guy at mid o and i raced on those parts and stan lippert looked them over and installed them.

ill forward you the info when i get the card form the shop tomorrow.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok, i was wrong, the crappy kits i have are the k and l kits. the good ones i got were the keysters. i cant find that guys card, but ill keep looking. or just buy the keysters from the place in canada.

jc

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
siriusconinc

...connoisseur of slack...
Yeah, sirius...is the way to go. Ground shipping takes a bit since they are sending it from the great Nort' of Canada...hey. But the prices are reasonable.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
i you have your stock honda jets and needles, just clean them and re-install. The float needle is usually the only thing that needs to be replaced and you have to look at the tip. If it has a ridge worn into it then no good, if it is still a nice pointy cone then you can reuse it. Also make sure your floats....float. Put them in a cup of water and see if they bob along the top. If not you will have to get new ones (unless they are the brass style in which you can solder them).

As far as I am concerned k&L and Keyster kits are only good for the gaskets.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the o-rings on the jets can go bad. they arent off the shelf items. they are specific to the jets. the kits come with jets with the rings ready to go too. and the float bowl gasket. those parts alone are probably 20 bucks from honda per carb. i wouldnt be surprised. so the other parts are worth getting.

just my opinion.

jc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts