Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get some 3/4" seat padding that i don't have to wrap in vinyl or leather? i know i've seen it on bikes before, but for the life of me i can't find a pic of it. anyone know what i'm talking about? (usually i don't even know)

you guys are better then sliced bread!

'72 cb750
'76 cb550
'76 cb750

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 Mcmaster&Car:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

I see various kinds of foam rubber in a cursory browse of their inventory, I'm not sure what you're after, Is it something like Neoprene?

Pretty cool site to have in your repertoire, anyway. Lots of good explanation and content, and you can buy in small quantities.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats pretty much what i was i looking for. Mcmaster carr is the shit! but to be honest, i don't see where their price is that much better then airtech's.
mcmaster carr.....
Part Number: 86225K65 $29.42 Each
Material Type
Polyurethane Foam

Shape
Sheets, Bars, and Strips

Backing
Adhesive

Adhesive Material
Rubber Based

Thickness
1/2"

Thickness Tolerance
±0.050"

Length
36"

Length Tolerance
±1"

Width
36"

Compared to airtech's slightly smaller ....
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/miscpages/foam.htm#price
I'm probably going to go with mcmaster carr as i'll have a little extra for the next bike or whatever. Thanks UngoWunga, i always forget about them for random things that make my butt less bruised.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550
'76 cb750

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I too love McMaster Carr. But be careful when ordering seat foam, their descriptions are thorough but, in the end, not very helpful. For instance, if you get the "durometer" wrong, you'll end up with a big flat piece of foam that more resembles a styrofoam cup than an all-weather seat cushion OR you'll get a sheet of soft foam that looks like it came from a dining room chair seat.

Well, that's what I ended up with anyway.

Honda go sideways!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
you just need High Grade closed cell foam yellow pages upholstery shop should help you out. I didnt search on ebay ....but you know its out there.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Hey JohnnyB,

Didn't you used to do results? Seems like we always used to have them posted by Wednesday after an event. Who is handling them these days? Did you get relieved of your duties?

Craig

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Champ volunteered me right out of that job...you know...cause I wasn't "timely", apparently people couldn't wait like 3 days to get their results....or at least that's what the story is. ( I usually just read the label on my trophy to see how I finished :)

All complaints for mangled results, questionable championship tallys etc can be directed to him.

All I ever did was add up numbers...I guess the new methods are more complex and require consultations, massages and interpertation. ( I have a feeling I'm going to get massaged right out of my ULWSV championship) For which I can promise all hell will break loose.

If you mean Giro results, I don't think that's in Champ's ball park, I think that's Bob C's domain.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
149 Posts
i got the closed cell stuff from Mc master carr cause the warehouse is like ten minutes away. I got thinner stuff. but i have a huge roll of it now so if you guys want some i will sell it for shipping cost only ..

only problem is its gray and thin.. but hey some of you racers who arent sissies might want some.. if i can fit it in a fedex envelope you can have it in like a day and itll be like 2 bucks.
hit me on email if you want it

oh here is a picture.

----------------------------
http://www.driftalliance.com

Edited by - sprinter666 on Nov 02 2007 10:13:35 AM

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I used one of my kids foam play mats, the kind you can interlock and buy from Lowe's for 2 bucks. Don't laugh, it works, great color, and super light weight.... and not that bad on the arse....but I only sit on it for a short time.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - Pete Casper on Nov 02 2007 12:53:39 PM

1 - 20 of 30 Posts