Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I was in vacation for 4 weeks and my honda s90 project bike got stolen from my car port. Bike wasn't in great shape at all and monetary loss is probably 300-400$.

Pisses me off that something like that happens but I will live with.

Bike was not insured as it wasn't running either.

Is doing a police report worth the time - is it mandatory?
Should I report it to DMV? Conveniently the CA dmv website is down right now so asking here.

I will keep an eye at the craigslist in the area but will probably never see anything of it.

Just in case the bike surfaces:
1966 Black honda s90, clean sl90 engine (different looking clutch side cover compared to s90)
Rusty aftermarket chrome shocks and airfilter.
Black beaten up front fender.

will post engine and frame # later

·
Registered
32 Posts
So sorry to hear that! I would check close</u> to home, sounds like someone who knew it was there and that you were gone, and had the leisure to walk up and roll it off. Doesn’t sound like drive-by thugs.
The Police, that’s a joke. :(

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
file a report, just in case. i assume you have the paperwork/vin.

ya never know!

tex

p.s. - i'll start drinking beer immediately and watching my block here in philly....just in case it shows up here!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks tex - and all. Yeah I think drinking beer would be the best solution.

It certainly is someone from the neighborhood - we get lots of foliage and leaves from some trees so place quickly looks a little left on its own. The kids from the apartments across the street is my 1st suspect but what would they do with non running vintage crap. Sell fro 200$ if lucky? doesn't seem worth the risks. Maybe I should put up lost bike posters in the style of a lost dog poster.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
To search all the local craigslist try www.craigslook.com website. This will search all the local craigslist. I'd report the loss to the police - they will not do anything but if any other losses are in the area - they will know about it. Sorry for the loss, it sucks when your stuff gets stolen.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you do't report it stolen and the people who stole it use it to hurt somebody it can come back to you in both civil and criminal reprecussions. File the report. you will feel better all around. Plus if they catch the dudes who stole it doing something else illegal that gets tacked on as well and you stand a chance of getting it back.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
one reason the local guy recovered his GPz550 from me so fast is that he had filed a report and the cops could put us together via phone.

tex

·
Registered
222 Posts
Guaranteed its less than a mile away...

Report it stolen, then go make a bunch of flyer's and put them up everywhere with a fie mile radius, including starbucks...

Someones MoM will go, hey that looks like the bike my son has parked in the back yard - hmmmm

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
two so far....but i just started drinking an hour ago.

i'll keep you posted!

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you have renters insurance it should be covered.
which would require a police report to file a claim.
home owners paid for $1500 worth of parts stolen off my bicycle while i was at a bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts