Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put white walled tires on my stock cb 360 wheels is their anything I should be aware of before I decide to buy these. I have been looking around and it seems that most white walled tires are for Cruiser bikes will this be ok for me I don't plan on racing but I dont want a sluggish handling tire either.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I think the big thing you should be aware of is that white walls are gay.

that being said, coker has some repor whitewalls including a vintage flattrack/dirt track tire which seem to have good street traction. The only complaint I hear out of the cokers is that they are soft rubber and therefore don't last as long as a modern treaded tire.

Most modern whitewalls are built for big crusier bikes, but tire technology is far and away better than what was available for your cb360 way back when. If deciding to go with a modern whitewall, I wouldn't worry about it since: 1) you won't be able to push the bike hard enough on the street to make the tire an issue (and if you are then maybe you need to rethink your riding); 2) you won't be able to get really good high performance tires for the 360 in the sizes you need anyway.

If you are really that worried about it, you can always get a set of high performance tires and paint the whitewall on with tire paint. Coker and Eastwood both sell a whitewall paint that get the job done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on this is my first bike. i think its gonna be sick but you are entitled to your opinion. thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
and you are entitled to be gay...nobody is saying you can't be gay....

if you haven't figured it's all in good fun 'round here...god help you when you do...

There are thing you do for performance and things you do strictly for looks. Most of us here are not the "strictly for looks" kinda people.

really want to be different? try to find a way to run these:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Most white walls are too big for your 360. I have been looking for a set of white walls for my CA160 (NOTE TO GEETO-THEY WERE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ON THIS BIKE) 3:00x16 and they are not available. Coker has 3:25/16 but only in a ribbed style. I was able to find one NOS front, which I needed since the tire on the bike was toast, and will admit it makes my bike look really weird.

If you come across any, let me know. Painted on white walls are really gay as far as I am concerned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts