Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who may be doing the spring Giro?

I will be there with either the CA160 I rode last year, or my Ducati 160--just had the engine rebuilt but I have to get the bad wigglies out of the frame, so it may not be ready. Steve D polished the cases and everything---it sure is pretty!

As I understand it, there are no motel rooms at the ski center, only camping (which I don't do unless it is at least 65 degrees at midnight)- is that correct?

Race school on the 30th, then the Giro the next weekend. Hopefully not divorce lawyer the next week....

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
will do my best to get there. so many great people in that neck of the woods who have made long treks to participate in nhis and other NE events (jersey girl/smiths and the wankers to name a small few) i feel a resposibility to give it my best shot to come. very hectic period for me. that bove guy is the balls too.
parks

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
going to try. Very Hard. I have a HS buddy in the area so I am pretty sure.

JackC don't get pissed at me I think I used a photo of yours on the front cover of the USCRA newsletter that mailed yesterday and I did not give you credit I will give you a set of clubman bars in return for the grievous error on my part.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
PS I have heard that the hotels in the "area" are of the $175.oo a night type. camping!!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott,

My buddy Jeff Rigby, the bookbinder, made reservations for a room for us at the Appalachian Motel, 2 miles from the ski center, for $89 a night.

He will be debuting his totally rebuilt and cafeised (is that a word?) Ducati Monza 160 Jr. It is a very nice looking bike, and hopefully a great runner. My Monza Jr. will pale in comparision,except for my pretty new motor!

Don't worry about the picture. Am I finally on the mailing list? Still waiting for my #.

Jack

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm in! That part of NJ is pretty and should provide some awesome riding.

Looking forward to seeing all who make the trek. I am sure it will be worth it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts