Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was unseasonably warm in Iowa today. Rode an outlaw two hour hare scramble. Crashed huge on the second lap, 50/50 that I rebroke my right thumb. Something hit the choke plunger and bent it over so it was stuck partially on the rest of the race.

Finished sixth in 40+. The fifth place guy didn't stay for the awards so I got his stuff, a plague, certificates for a couple free pair of goggles and a free bearing set of my choice from Pivot Works. Good time had by all.

A buddy called me while I was on the way home. He wants a new street bike and his wife says my old 82 Katana has to go for him to get it. He's had it almost twenty years, this may be my only chance to get it back.

Too late to call my doctor tonight. Try to get my thumb x-rayed tomorrow.

Who's got a better story?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get it, get it, get it!

The race I did was a benefit for a youth group home. Friday they did a trials exhibition for the kids. The obstacles were still set up yesterday. That shit's insane, looks like limitless fun.

Had Dodge Intrepid sitting there that they'd ridden all over. If I had a buck for every time I've wished I could do that to the jackass that pulled out in front of me on the street...

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get it, get it, get it!

The race I did was a benefit for a youth group home. Friday they did a trials exhibition for the kids. The obstacles were still set up yesterday. That shit's insane, looks like limitless fun.

Had Dodge Intrepid sitting there that they'd ridden all over. If I had a buck for every time I've wished I could do that to the jackass that pulled out in front of me on the street...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
It rained like crazy yesterday. Came to a stop light in a 12 inch puddle... er, lake. What are you gonna do? Put my feet down. Water came halfway up my shins. Gonna ride again today. Maybe it'll rain, maybe it won't.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
It rained like crazy yesterday. Came to a stop light in a 12 inch puddle... er, lake. What are you gonna do? Put my feet down. Water came halfway up my shins. Gonna ride again today. Maybe it'll rain, maybe it won't.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
punched a pretty good number on the way home from Aaron's. viffer's running pretty well.
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
305 Posts
All my bikes are running great. The only (barely) problem is it warms up late and with the sun being so low, at around 3:30 I'm riding into a klieg light that's like a drill in my eyeballs.

In general, bright, clear- gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I took the R100 and sparked the valve covers.....then ended up at a friend's house for the end of season MotoGP party to watch the races on Speed. I am somewhat sad to see the 250 two strokes fade off in a cloud of blue smoke....just sad.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I took the typical Sunday run from Hollywood, Fl out to the Everglade's Holiday Park. It's about 30 miles each way and I remembered something on my way ot there. I had just replaced my tail llight fixture and didn't get around to Loctite on the lens screws. I checked to make sure the screws were not backing out. But, they weren't loose, they were gone. The lens was only held in by the tension on it's gasket. I remedied the missing screws by peeling off some electrical tape from the bike's harness. I then secured the lens with the recycled tape. It didn't look good but it worked all the way home.

I ran out of all my luck with that trick, because my Dolphins lost to those duchebag Patriots today. Well, at least I'm not having to buy a new Lucas lens......Sigh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts