Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking I need a sniper program to help w/my eBay purchases. Anybody on here have experience with one they like/don't like? thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I really enjoyed "sniping" before auto-sniping programs where available. Now anyone's an instant sniper. Anyway, now I use eSnipe. It's simple, cheap, and works well. That's my recommendation.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How close can those sniper programs get you? I can usually hit 2 sec. with no problem.

The prices on E-Bay have gone insane the last year or so, it's hard to get a good deal. But you can find anything for sale.

·
Registered
585 Posts
quote:
I've used both www.auctionsniper.com and http://www.gixen.com/ with success. Gixen is free though.
+1 I have used AuctionSniper for a long time. They used to be $0.25/ per snipe, and I bought $10 worth. I don't remember when that was... maybe 2 or more years ago. Now my pre-paid snipes are about used up and I went back to check their prices and I was floored at how expensive they are. I think their prices are now a base price per snipe, plus a percentage of the total purchase price. SUCKS!!!!

Gixen.com is free. The owner of the sight's goal is to make it the @1 most popular sniper site in the universe, and then pull a YouTube and sell the site in a year or two for a billion dollars, or something like that. SO at least his motives are pure. Personally, I don't mind helping him reach his goals in exchange for a free service.

Peace and grease
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm a little more low tech, I just open one bid screen make it half width on the monitor then do it again. Now I can keep refreshing one to watch the bidding and have the other one ready to bid. In the last ten seconds or so I put in a bid that I think'll win and at the last second or two, bid and confirm. Won some lost some but that's part of the risk!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys. We used to have two farm equipment auctions a year as part of the business. I grew up watching auction behavior and am still tempted to do all the dumb things people do. I'm hoping running a sniper will solve some of that.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote: I grew up watching auction behavior and am still tempted to do all the dumb things people do.
Such as?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts