Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Still gotta get there and do it. They don't mail out records sheets.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hey Marc, Check this one. John Noonan's turboed 'Busa. Ran 250 last month at El Mirage. New engine cranked out 500 HP on the dyno @ 8700 rpm. 25-27 lbs boost,

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's a lot of horsepower for a motorcycle. I thought my buddies 350hp was ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
350 is ridiculous. 500 is madness. If he can get 250 in 1.3 miles in the dirt at El Mirage it will be interesting to see what he does on the salt.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've seen a couple Busa dyno sheets over 700. 721 being the highest. Wonder what one of those could run out there.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'm impressed with 500 HP. But 700??? Stunned!!! Were these drag bikes? El Mirage is only 1.3 miles to the lights. Bonneville is 5 miles (or 3 if you run the short course). I'm wondering if 700 horses would stay inside over 5 miles.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm impressed with 500 HP. But 700??? Stunned!!! Were these drag bikes? El Mirage is only 1.3 miles to the lights. Bonneville is 5 miles (or 3 if you run the short course). I'm wondering if 700 horses would stay inside over 5 miles.
You know that the length of the course has no bearing on it really. You gear for whatever length track you have to be at peak HP at the end of the run. Obviously a taller gear and more room to run will net higher speeds if you can pull the rpm.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
You know that the length of the course has no bearing on it really. You gear for whatever length track you have to be at peak HP at the end of the run. Obviously a taller gear and more room to run will net higher speeds if you can pull the rpm.
For something as powerful as a 700HP Busa, I'd imagine it's gearing is chosen for maximum torque, or to limit wheelspin, or for as much power as there is traction available on the salt. You don't really gear to suit horsepower, but revs, and also to suit traction levels.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You going to Bonneville Witty? If then get the hell off this thread. You have nothing and you contribute nothing.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
You going to Bonneville Witty? If then get the hell off this thread. You have nothing and you contribute nothing.
I'll comment when I please. I've plenty to contribute.

I have. And I will. At will.

The last time you spoke to the top streamliners guys was when? I have. You too?

I can't wait to meet you at the lake or at Bonneville, one day. Bring cake.

"Nothing", hmmm?, now that's a concept to ponder at my leisure.

You are funny.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
All you contribute to this place is you turn every thread into a pissing match. The only salt you'll ever see comes from a shaker. The last streamliner guys I spoke to was Ran Main and George Poteet at the hotel in Wendover last year. Have you ever been within a mile of a streamliner? I doubt it. You have nothing and contribute even less.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
All you contribute to this place is you turn every thread into a pissing match. The only salt you'll ever see comes from a shaker. The last streamliner guys I spoke to was Ran Main and George Poteet at the hotel in Wendover last year. Have you ever been within a mile of a streamliner? I doubt it. You have nothing and contribute even less.
I've met Dennis Manning, the Bub crew, and two of his pilots. Two or three times, over the years. He discussed with me the bikes ignition system failures and adjusting the vehicle to remain stable in light crosswinds, one day.

It's funny when I think about it. I've met Trett, Manning, Burgess, IOM TT and IOM Classic racers, British Superstock, Minitwins and Superbike racers, GP and WSBK racers and some crew. I know a top fuel Harley champion, and championship winning Prostock drag racers, personally. Geese, I get around, don't I ?

Witworth's believe it, or not.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hey Marc, Looks like this thread has come to an end. See you on the salt.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts