Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I feel like there aren't any folks using old brit bikes to make their cafe bikes. I love the CBs and such, but the Triumphs, Nortons, and BSAs always seem to have the coolest lines and details. Maybe I'm just partial, but let's see them gems anyhow. I'd post up mine, but there are plenty of pics of that heap in my build thread.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i have an old brit bike now, not exactly cafe material though. it's a 1948 ariel square four. there is a guy in town that has a rickman faired commando 850.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the triton in my build thread. I've had a lot of brit bikes and I'm sure there will be more. I love the simplicity of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Though not a cafe bike, our Triumph is so pretty that we're using it as living room decor (for the winter)(sorry for the crappy cell phone pic).

Suki

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
yo portland peeps! I've got an old rumph but it is currently shop decor. '69 T100 barn queen courtesy of cycle icons, I've started to save up some parts, doing her up as a desert racer. hopefully this summer. cheers, bcr
[/img]

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Not Cafe, but I have a 1955 Tiger Cub project. It is a cool little bike with it's plunger frame. I would like to sell it to finance other projects though. $1800. Like a fool I turned down $2K for it at Mid O.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here is my 73 Bonnie 750 at Ft. Donaldson, TN

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
i got a 79 MG midget...that count?
just sold my jaguar

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I am working on a dunstall norton 810 commando, no pics other than what it was when I dragged it home which are about 30 tupperwhere boxes.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
'72 Bonneville... my second 1st bike. In need of about $2000 of re-starting money. Someday...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
and that is the main problem with british bikes these days - they are too damn expensive to buy parts for.

wanna know whay you get 10 honda cafe racers for every 1 brit bike cafe racer? the bikes are damn cheap in both initial cost and maintenance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1973 850 Commando, owned it since the early 80's.
Frequented the Northern CA cafes of Skyline Blvd, La Honda, etc in the early 90's, now confined to the track in NH.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
It's SOME of a Beeza.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts