Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hope he sneaks back or something. I'm at a loss as to why the moderators are trying so hard to sabotage this forum. Maybe it's not worth bothering with as there's just not that much interest. I'm beginning to think it's time to move along and hope that I can find some of the same folks on another forum. As I don't have that much time to go on a search maybe it's just time t say good bye/

Cheers

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I miss the old CR.net
Guess it will never be back.

The format here is terrible. Maybe 30% of the screen I see content, the rest are adds.
No one posts anything cool any more. I'm guilty of it too.
On my third bimota "project" this year, but only post content to drivetribe and Facebook.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
They are really unique for sure. The only three I have ever seen in person are in my garage.
Oddly each is very different on the road.

Reactions: rich46

·
Registered
227 Posts
They are really unique for sure. The only three I have ever seen in person are in my garage.
The one I rode was Yamaha powered. I don't think it was the fastest it was more about being on an engineering exercise that really turned out well. I once hot lapped a Toyota 2000GT and it was the same kind of thing it wasn't by any means the fastest thing I'd ever driven but when taken in total it did everything very well.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All I can picture is you, walking back and forth, trying to decide what to ride that day. Or is it an inny, minny decision.

Pretty slick row of bikes. You need a green one so we can see our colour.

·
Registered
811 Posts
i've ridden sb4, sb6, yb something tuatara, yb5, db1, mantra, supermono and v due.

sb4 was old and sorta horrid, frankly. probably ok if you'd got off a gsx1100

we had a demo sb6 when we were importers. giddy laugh and silly grin. fastest i ever got to work. super annoying to work on if you had to get under the great big one piece fairing - front and both sides, split to allow you to bend it out around the front wheel. idiots.

don't recall the tuatara. injected fzr1000 5v. i think we needed a side stand mount for it. good luck. if it was a yb4 i'd have been in love.

the yb5 was a bit surreal. fj1200 engine i think, watching the speedo go around without the real sensation of speed. fast as. there's one out here getting raced.

db1 are too small, but i love them. so so much.

mantra was just a monster. might have been more comfy. super annoying to work on, but if you've ever been into a db1 to replace a battery or the like it's not unexpected.

supermono is great apart from the vibration, the vibration and the vibration. and everything else, top to bottom, front to back. and the owners who ask you to fit 14:1 pistons and then make out like it's your fault when it detonates the top ring land away and pressurises the cases so hard it blows the hose of the oil tank and covers the thing in oil. fucking turds. cunt filled pieces of mother fucking crap. and so on

couldn't get off the v due quick enough. we were dealers, they were a workshop fucking nightmare. you didn't want to be the one on it when it went shit shaped. which meant not revving it high enough to get into the band lest it seize. think aprilia sxv/rxv 450/550 level of product development success.

well, that's a saturday morning release for you. deep breath, time for lunch.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I rotate the 1000SS and monster S4 for daily riding. They are super fun. I actually wish the 1000SS was an R6, and the S4 had an aircooled motor. The engines just don't suit the frames, if that makes sense.

The SB6R has about 3k miles. It feels darty. Not unsafe, but it is eager to be pushed. Can't casually ride it. Fast.

The SB8R has been fighting me a bit this summer. It sat for a long time so needed minor ish things. Not 100% sorted yet. It is super stable. Way more comfortable then I thought it would be. The air intakes are silly, can't see anything on the bars.

The Santa Monica has like 2k miles and is an art object. All the bimota have amazing little details, the carbon work is impressive, but this bike is another level. It feels so light and balanced. The shower injection is super cool, and performs well.

Still got my CL125 for running around town.
Chopper is in the basement. Winter plan is to give it some love.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts

Reactions: rich46

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Yes, Kawi owns half of Bimota.

The company did a run of the Tesi 3D this year (Ducati powered), and will start delivering the Tesi H2 this year.
Next year there will be a KB4 (Ninja 1000 powered)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Did I see that JCW status has been re set ?

Not sure how to let him know or if he is even interested in returning.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts