Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because with his advice i bought some cbx triple clamps on ebay that he claimed were 35mm and they arent. i think they are 42mm. i cant use them. you suck jeremy. and now im out 115 bucks. dork!!!

jc

heres the proof

I have exorciiiized the demons!

yes, I'm using cbx triple trees on my racebike that currently has a cb550 front end. 35mm forks, width and offset are the same, stem size the same but the cbx stem is longer. I'll either be swapping stems or machining the cbx stem to work. the benefit comes from increased contact area between the trees and the fork tubes and dual pinch bolts on the lower trees. this all adds to more front end stiffness or less flex. also the lower tree is aluminum versus cast iron so it cuts a little weight

·
Registered
127 Posts
Id like to join in on this. I think Jeremy sucks because hes a ladies man and well uh, us dweebs dont need no stinking ladies man making thing dam neer hard to get ass and such.
You suck Jeremy, But we still like ya.
Guy

The bike breaker

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honda changed the 80/81 model to 39mm. the earlier models had 35 mm??? i cant find a seal dimension online anyplace for the earlier models. or maybe jeremy has one of the smaller cbx trees hes using?? so jeremy, you gonna let me in on this??

jc

Edited by - joe c on May 31 2003 10:34:38 PM

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
*in ladies man voice*
to be a ladieth man you got to find thomeone to mouthify your wang

joe, I'm sorry. didn't realize they changed them. you know 39mm forks aren't legal in gp, right? hehe, just kidding. mine are surely 35mm. i even put them on my 400f frame and threw 550 forks into them to see how they fit. and they are gonna be cool, I'll tell ya!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bastard!!! i know, they are only legal in p-4. they are very very cool looking though. and superlight. they are lighter than the 750 trees i have and bigger!

jc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts