Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the cafe scene and have long been a kawi person. I know the cb750 was a landmark and the cb350 tank looked cafe without doing anything, but how come u don't see more kawi or Suzuki's. Am I missing something. I have a kz650 project going on right now and finding that many aftermarket companies are using the cb series as the platform for their parts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm guessing it has something to do with the number of bikes produced, Honda sold a ton of CB750's and over 300,000 CB350's alone, not including their other popular models in the CB lineup. Kawsaki and Suzuki sold alot of very nice bikes too, but not in as high of a volume as Honda. So the aftermarket companies would obviously be better off supplying parts for the most popular bikes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh, and you might want to lay off terms like "cafe scene, cafe culture, cafe lifestyle, etc....". Tends to disturb the natives lol. Any pics of the KZ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to upload pic. I just tore down and now ready to start cutting. I have to just get an idea where I want seat to end.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
FAQ

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will try to upload pic. I just tore down and now ready to start cutting. I have to just get an idea where I want seat to end.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Looks like you figured it out or am I missing something?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by greasemonkey75

Thank goodness I didn't buy like that. The tear down felt good. Let's hope the build goes ad smoothly.
Did the bike run before you tore it down? Why did you take the motor out?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I tore motor out because once I make seat pan and relocation tabs and brackets for battery and foot controls, I am sending off to powdercoat. I am thinking right now University of alabama colors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can get it blasted and coated for around $300. Seems like money well spent. I am going to do frame and rims and tank in burgandy, and knee cutouts and tail in dark grey I think. Nothing set in stone yet.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts