Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering is the head pipes on 74 CL350 are same as 74 CL450. Same spacing and diameter or did the 450 have wider spacing?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
its not just spacing. it port angle too. if the spacing is close, you can force them sometimes, but the angle is more important.

good luck post up if it works.

jc

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The search for a set of CL450 high pipes continues. They will be wrapped and chopped so I really don't care if they are ugly or not. Hard to find though.

·
Registered
687 Posts
if you go to toadtowns website they show photo's of some complete highpipes they made for a 450 that didn't seem unreasonable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The market for those pipes being what it is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it works out cheaper to have them bent for you.

·
Registered
687 Posts
congrats...what a fluke. if those are as nice as they look you are going to be a total schmuck for cutting them; you might be able to sell them and make enough to pay for pipe to be bend and then some, who knows...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought about that. I would hate to cut up something that many other are looking for. If it looks rough then I will sell the heat shield and cut the rest. I always seem to find killer deals. Got a set of 29mm smoothbores for my KZ1000 for $105 and also a fresh rebuilt, ported, polished and decked KZ1000 head for $1. Yep.. a dollar. They were listed as "large motorcycle carb" and "large motorcycle head". Pics were horrible but I knew what they were. Man I love ebay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts