Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here have any experiance with the 110 amp gasless wire feed welders, like Craftsman or similar? I've about run out of patience with an old cheap Italian made mig welder that I've been using. It seems to have it's good days, and then the next time I want to use it it won't ground properly, or the wire feed gets stuck or some other thing...
Anyway, I don't want to waste money on a cheap new welder if they don't work well, about all I use it for is motorcycle frames or similar size steel. I can't spring for a new Miller.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I'm not sure about the difference in versatility between gasless and gas, what's the deal? Does gas give you a wider range of material or something?
If I could get into one of the gas welders for under $300 I'd prolly do it.
I wasn't psyched to see that Lincoln was tarting their welders with Nascar stickers now. Don't know if I could have that in my garage.
I do like Yellow...

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried Oxy welding in the welding class, it was pretty cool, but I could tell it would take lots of practice. I wish I had the time/means to learn that, but the only other problem is I'd probably burn the garage down. It's a small shop, filled with shit that loves to burn, and I'm a little too absent minded...
BOOM!

FR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts