Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my CB450 wiring is a mess.

I am not sure if I should just chuck the taped up rats nest I have on the bike and start with a new harness, wire the bike without the harness in minimalist fashion or try to salvage the mess and trace and replace as needed.

I want the bike to be clean and uncluttered so I was thinking about doing my own wiring but it far more intimidating then the whole rest of the project looking at the wiring diagrams.

I would like to 86 the handle controls and make things like the lights, kill switch and such plain ol' switches but I dont know if this would be a good idea either.

What do you guys do?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I picked up a new harness today and it is nice and clean, far less intimidating than the insane mess that I currently have.

thanks for all of your help, beers for you all!

·
Registered
453 Posts
i was cheap, didnt want to spend the money for a new harness. i took a weekend and hand wired my 750k. except for the turn signals everything worked right away.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
making a harness your self is silly when you look at the factory harness you cant do any better it is done to perfection nothing is wasted or not needed.I even moved parts around to clean up the battery box ,cut and rewelded brackets more to my liking and still the factory harness worked perfect.
a used complete harness is better then a home made one I can assure you.
I realize you have a new harness now but posting to save others the thought.
I had the same homemade multi repaired nightmare on my cb360,when I bought it, I just cut it thru it in a box and bought a used one, Bamm all done!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts