Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
32mm or something similar for a '70 cl350. or if anybody has a choke set-up for 450 carbs, that's awesome as well. i'm currently running those, but without a choke, life is no good. holla.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
are you seeking VM's or CV type carbs?

I know I have a few sacks of VM's and I also laid hands, yesterday, on a really nice low miles set of CV's off a later Jap Bike that I had fancied the notion of putting on a 650+ Triumph. Nice small package and very light in weight.

I'll have to admit I don't recall if the CB/CL has room for VM's. I am thinking so but perhaps not for the zinc bodied type Mik.

Can you post a pic of the 450 carbs? Seems like there may be some of that stuff laying about as well.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
In the shop tonight so you aren't to blame for my dirty hands

here's some miks and others, the larger ones are 32's

not readily visible are several floats, needles, jets and such but these are some of the carbs I have

I'd say most would clean up pretty nice after a hot dip in the ultrasonic and it's not a problem for me to do that

these CV's are actually 30's and came off a similarly sized engine as the 350 but it would turn something over 12K

and then some of this stuff

some ta$ty vintage 31mm mechanical slide carbs

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Really more than I know what to do with but I can recall cussing trying to find one of those choke straps more than once. Be glad to hook dreg up with one of those if that will get him cold starting, need the shafts and butterflies too?

I poked around some more and found some really crisp zinc bodied miks and the single carb setup with new rubber to put one on a 650 tri, dipped a few of the common 32 bodies in the ultrasonic, maybe they'll be alright. Found 4 more nice 32 VMs, thought I had sold most all of those.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Big Bings

do you have any of these?

I like to trade for them, sometimes even buy them!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

ever seen anything like these?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well I suppose you could get them, they are scarce as hen's teeth, think I have four sets in different bore sizes

these are 28s and I think I'm going to put them on a 650 Triumph custom just to wind up the Beamer guys

how's the auction on the 4 going?

I think the Mikuni Monoblocs were fitted to one of those 50's Japanese A10 or A7s

crazy to find a set of those brand new

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, i'm certainly interested in the slides to start, but i have the feeling that it'll be the mikuni VMs before long. the 450 linked setup is more or less what i have, just minus all the bits that link it and half the choke gear (had one butterfly in it.) after a total teardown and crud blasting, i'm still having a bitch of a time kicking it cold (gee, do chokes help?), and something somewhere in the float is hanging up and leaving me with overflow issues.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
ok, not to be a nudge or anything like that but

my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be so.....

tell me exactly what I have that you require...... the horse shoe strap, a choke shaft and butterfly... and which exact misc attaching bits? I'll hook you up with that, not a problem.

Just lay it out for me like I was 12

I suppose I could come off the whole pile of those and hope one day when I get another 450 it will have carbs that haven't been dinked about too much! I've been thinking I might have a need for them about ten years and they've just been sitting. Maybe you could get some benefit from them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually, yes, that's exactly what i need. strap, shaft and butterfly. and a choke cable. i am interested in the VMs though... any thoughts on what you'd want for them? there are a few stray children in my neighborhood i'd be happy to throw in. ...cheap labor and all.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
choke/shaft for which side. tell me it's would be the one i have an extra of and it's yours for the cost of shipping unless that would leave you feeling like you'd have to put out if I ever came thru your town

no gots on a cb450 cable proper, but I am sure I have at least 10 new universal throttle cables with both ball or barrel ends, those I let fly for about 6.50

I'm getting the VM's dipped, rinsed, and dried, need to get them all lined up and see how many complete ones there are, including jets and bits

I only need a few of them but the last set I let fly on ebay, nice and complete, ball park jetted for a 650 tri, fetched around a benji

I'll get a handle on what's there and help you out

how about letting me see your bike?

stray kids are fine, they don't even need home training since I'll keep them in the basement

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
choke/shaft for which side. tell me it's would be the one i have an extra of and it's yours for the cost of shipping unless that would leave you feeling like you'd have to put out if I ever came thru your town

no gots on a cb450 cable proper, but I am sure I have at least 10 new universal throttle cables with both ball or barrel ends, those I let fly for about 6.50

I'm getting the VM's dipped, rinsed, and dried, need to get them all lined up and see how many complete ones there are, including jets and bits

I only need a few of them but the last set I let fly on ebay, nice and complete, ball park jetted for a 650 tri, fetched around a benji

I'll get a handle on what's there and help you out

how about letting me see your bike?

stray kids are fine, they don't even need home training since I'll keep them in the basement

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
If you have a set of Mikuni VM32's (32mm) that have all the bits attached I have a need for my CB450. You can email me in my profile.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
If you have a set of Mikuni VM32's (32mm) that have all the bits attached I have a need for my CB450. You can email me in my profile.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts