Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
Don't know where to start: have a '74 Honda XL100, clean & good shape. Rebuilt the top end, nice little ride but not quite enough go for the steep and super twisty narrow mountain roads here. Heard the hot ticket for AHMRA setups is to use XL125 wheels, 18" & 21", instead of stock 17" & 19". Stumbled on a set of alloy rims 18 & 21 but no idea what they came off of, need to relace and brakes etc.

Then a guy sold me an XL125 engine, needs complete rebuild, so there's a little more power, maybe.

Then I got some misc parts, including a CB360 forks [need trees] front wheel & engine [needs complete but turns over]. Wondering about lacing in the CB360 front brake on the alloy rim? Too much?

Also got complete '78 Suzi GS550 forks, front wheel with DISC brake and all the hardware...???

Then got to thinking about the '75 CB360E K1 engine: I have a torch and MIG, I can make it fit easy enough. Seems Honda overbuilt frames quite a bit, and wondering if that engine in a gusseted XL100 frame...?

Think torque twist/weight would kill the frame? If I tried it, use the CB360 swingarm, or XL100?

Use the Suzi forks & disc brake wheel? CB360 fork tubes? Stock XL100 with heavier springs?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
go to the thumpertalk board. those guys are awesome. have helped me a ton in the past.

joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts