Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post that you can put a kickstart from a xl500 or xr 500 on a vt500. Does this only work with the single cylinder version or can i put it on my v twin. If so where can i find a kickstarter that will fit. It is a 84 vt500ft V-twin?

Thanks, Brendan

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
no.

the vt500 engine is a baby vt700 engine. completely different architecture.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
I saw a post that you can put a kickstart from a xl500 or xr 500 on a vt500. Does this only work with the single cylinder version or can i put it on my v twin. If so where can i find a kickstarter that will fit. It is a 84 vt500ft V-twin?

Thanks, Brendan
I think that might be on the single cylinder like mine. Basically made from a bunch of dirt bike parts the factory had kicking around, and happened to work reasonably well.
They were sold off at $1450 cdn. new from my dealer at the time, yours was worth about $1650 at the same time. Yours is nicer for street. Not sure what mine would be better for :|

:) Ice racer maybe

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Not sure what mine would be better for :|

:) Ice racer maybe
Road racer, like mine.
IMAG0441.jpg
ANd, no matter what anybody says, the VT500F Ascot and the FT500F Ascot share absolutely no engine or drivetrain parts. The VT is a liquid cooled 3 valve v twin shaft drive bike and the FT is an air cooled 4 valve single cylinder chain drive bike. Nothing in common except a styling similarity and a name. They are both good bikes, but very different.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts