Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a 97 xr200 enduro, (no lights or tag) it's currently titled as an atv and i researched the process for street legaling. it involves buying the equipment and showing you bought it, wait for the government to sort it out with really no addition fees over the normal tag tax and title, just time mainly. is it a good deal at a bit under $500? (street legal equipment not included) it is a bit rough, torn fork gaiters, torn seat, haggard and faded, but it starts and runs and moves well.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It's not a great bike. The XR250 is a much more capable machine with better components, forks, engine etc. The XR200 is really just a large XR100. That said, the money is probably OK. I wouldn't buy one to put on the street though. I don't think it was ever sold as an "enduro", which would imply some lighting capability, where-as the XR250 was.
As far as Supermoto is concerned, you'd get spanked by just about every conceivable modern racer out there, too big for the mini class (I think) and not enough motor for the 125 or lights class. My son ran a YZ125 in lights and had to compete with XR400's which are more than twice the bike that an XR200 is, (if that makes sense}.

FR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts