Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26,142 Posts
at the E-Town swap meet last weekend I saw tons of old 70's and 80's honda two stroke enduros selling for $300 ready for street riding. I kept having visions of one of these old enduros decked out with super gummi street tires, racing number plates and a car fog light for a headlight, as my manhattan assault vehicle - then I cam to my senses and realized I did not have $300 to blow on a motorcycle, nor did I bring the trialer to the show.

Fuck the new bike supermotard trendy bullshit - you want a real super motard go get an old ratted out stroker enduro and be a hooligan. A new bike sure looks pretty but you can't stuff it into the side of a yellow cab, pick it up and keep riding like you can with an old ratty enduro.

(I do think the KTM is a rolling boner-maker and wouldn't mind having one in my garage - but don't tell anybody, I might lose my street cred)

· Registered
26,142 Posts
although not a motard I wish we got this in the states instead of the crappy nighthawk (they use the same engine).

http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/cb750/

for those who don't know, this is the continuation of the DOHC cb750F honda sold here from 1979-1983, but continues to improve and sell in europe and asia. The paint scheme on this years model is the same exact one the cb1100F wore back in 82-83.

cb1100F:

who says they don't make any more brand new old bikes? (they just don't sell them here).

Edited by - Geeto67 on Sep 28 2006 11:26:48 AM

· Registered
26,142 Posts
quote:
OK, I knew somebody would ask, at some point, for me to post a pic, and thereby expose me once again as a forum dumbass. I haven't figured out how to post a pic to this forum. I tried a couple times and just lost interest. Something about posting to a web page yadda yadda yadda...
Sorry.

FR
send me a pic and I'll post it for ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.