Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one here currently own an XS? If so what year? What are your likes? Dislikes? I have heard of some vibration issues, are these noticable?

I know that there are people here that have own one in the past. What are your overall feelings about the motorcycle? What year did you have? Why did you get rid of it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am currently in the market for an XS650 and I really like to be well educated and will listen to anyone's opinion who is willing to offer it before I make a purchase.

-Kyle

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Johnny B, I pretty set on the XS650 and I have never really heard anything too negative about it. Anyone else have any more input on the XS.

-Kyle

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geeto, the xs1 and all are cool and unique but they have two real problems:

1.) less aftermarket parts not a big deal really.

2.) they sell for way more money which is a big deal on a college kids bank account.

I am currently looking at like a 76-79 and i dont plan on buying a project. I want a bike that runs nice and i can just improve as I have money available. I have around $1700 but am hoping to spend around 800-900 on the bike itself.

-Kyle

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I dont plan on taking two many long trips on mine. I am in college so basically just quick rides to class, some buzzes around town, and a couple of little rides on the weekend. But about the 1980 part, I am kind of looking up near those years. (refer to my post above)

-Kyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts