Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a custom XV 750 wiring harness something that is plug and play would be awesome does anyone know where I could buy one? The old one is really bulky and too big for the build I’m doing

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
No such thing exists, your bike came with a colour coded wiring diagram to facilitate service and maintenance, manufacturers do Not make a habit of putting in extra wires or over-sized wires and needless connectors in there then is required. What you are considering is a bike that will be a complete pain for you and/or the next owner to service.

Now if you still want to rewire your entire bike with a custom one off wire harness, you are going to need to know how to solder, wire wrap make shrink tube connections and operate a multi-meter to test & trouble-shoot your work. Then you are going to need a whole slew of different colour wires of the appropriate gauge, plus plug in connectors, wire wrap and fuses or one of those expensive M-unit circuit breaker blocks. Alternatively you could work with the original wiring harness and preserve as much of it as possible, removing only the excess, which is virtually nothing unless you plan to remove your lighting and horn and turn it into a day use only track bike.

On the up side :/ all of those things are handy skills for a motorcycle owner, starting with the multi-meter and an understanding of basic electrical principals.

Stick around and don't get pissed at me at reading this, because you are going to need all the help you can get 🏍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts