Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Fork extenders for USD forks are just machined longer fork caps. They dont require longer anything on the inside.

Here's an example...

I have some for my gsxr track bike. They are used to adjust front end geometry allowing you to slide the fork tube down a little more.

You can also have SOME forks extended internally. When I built my xs750, I had traxxion dynamics internally extend the gen 1 busa forks. They were able to extend another 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you all for the advice and input. I know quite a lot about motorcycles. But I will admit this area is relatively new to me. At this point it seems as though I should look at a different fork. However since I already “forked” out the money for this set I’m going to see about making this work first. I’ve learned a lot, most specifically to do my damn research before diving into unknown territory based on what I want it to look like. Beginner cafe racer building mistake. I’ve gotten some advice from PBM as well and he says it would be smart to have the forks professionally lengthened. Depending on cost I’ll do that. He kept the original front wheel, but lengthened the front and slightly lowered the rear to fix this geometry issue.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
If your forks are post 2011 gsxr600 units, they cannot be lengthened due to the nature of the Big Piston Fork design. Pre 2011 most likely... traxxion dynamics will clean and straighten the tubes and rebuild and revalve them for you as well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts