Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you side car fans run xs650s, so maybe you have some ideas. I am building a vintage flat track bike (ahmra legal just in case) but for now am trying to keep the project cost down. Any low cost ideas for getting the most out of the engine? I checked all the usual sites (Mike's XS, XS650 Society, ect.) I don't want to rephase, and want to keep the original cylinder liners. I know I can overbore to as much as 1.5mm over (6th oversize). Any body know where I can find some NOS Venolias high compression pistons?? Thanks in advance for the Ideas. Kevin

KCampbellNH

·
Registered
118 Posts
try www.nwvcp.com

What year is your bike? I've heard running cams from an early 650 in a later one will improve perfomance.

--------------------------

1978 Yamaha XS400. Stock for now.

Edited by - ZMan on Nov 06 2007 10:45:36 PM

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hrm, I thought if you wanted to keep the project costs down, you bought new:)

Seems like there are so many folk out there on the interweb who've made 750's out of their xs650's, you couldn't swing a dead cat by the tail around in a room without hitting 3 of them!

It's never gonna be super fast. But there ain't no replacement for displacement! carry the flag and punch that baby out!

or not. have you talked to 'omar' yet? man he has a jacked website, full of aural queues to let you know before the page fully loads that he's a nutjob:

http://www.omarsdtr.com/homesitedtr.html

but anyway, have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts