Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
1st going over the bike, engine, carbs, ignition and fuel lines etc. Shocks and so on. A couple of owners have messed with it. Wiring going everywhere and stuff.
Get rid of unecessery weight, then well see. It runs okey, but will pull engine and overhaul in next winter if all seems okay.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
"Get rid of unnecessary weight" (y) I do that with my bikes too, I remove the passenger pegs and hang them on the garage wall.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yea I don't know where you'll find much fat. Taking off the fairings will likely slow you down and under that is a box with a motor and seat support.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its been a while, been working a lot. Working offshore, then carpenting when home. But have squeezed in some work on the bike to. Removed fairings, rear tail was aluminum, but weighed a ton with all the plastic etc. Made a new aluminum tail. (Even though someone meant that was a bad thing to do. ) got a new rear shock, relocating steering damper and the front. Painted rims, they were in bad shape. The whole speedo/tach wasnt working right, gone over the electrical.
Waiting on jets for now. Freed up a lot of space for breathing help-planning :)
Moved battery further to the front. the bike is now much much lighter.
Thinking of making the fairings fit the front better.
For now the plan is to get it tuned. Then pull engine and overhaul in wintertime.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
You got rid of the exhaust can that is big enough to fit a Mack truck (y)
... hang that on the garage wall too, you might need it later.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Looks far more interesting that your original stated plan....

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
There are a bunch of decent looking naked gsxr’s. They all look kinda the same. It’s the cool thing to use the model with the slingshot carbs. There’s one that uses an asymmetric bmw headlight that I wouldn’t mind riding... sorry.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts