Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I'm looking at two RDs. One is an RD350 and the other is an RD400. I love the size/feeling of my little CB350 and would like to duplicate it with a 2-stroke. So first, will the RD350 be of similar size to the CB350?

How much bigger (if any) is the RD400 than the RD350?

--Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard similar stories. The CEO of my compacy snapped a crank on a 350. The 350 I'm looking at also had a rebuild that included a new crank, which is odd.

I'm not going to mod the bike too much, and it will basically be used to cruise around with my wife on back. These seem like good bikes for this sort of thing, assuming they are small. The CB360 I built was a little tall and top heavy for my tastes.

--Chris

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I was confusing. I like the size/proportions of the CB350; they fit me well. I don't really need it to handle like the 350. That's good news that the RDs handle better.

So size-wise, are they similar or is the RD350 (or 400) bigger?

--Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm going to look at the 400 tomorrow. He's asking $2000, which sounds really high. We'll see what the bike looks like. At that price, it better be ready for a dallas to ausin trip without a hicup

The 350 has expansion chambers and looks like a cool bike That one is $1400, but needs new tires
($200), a title ($200) and and its carbs cleaned. It supposedly runs and can be ridden, just needs a little tune up. We'll see.

I'm also considering big thumpers, but those seem like they would suck on the highway. I've always lovede the RDs, so hopefully everything works out...

--Thanks, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.