Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
i dont suggest the RD for passenger duties...not a whole lot of oomph below 5500. i actually hate riding my bike in traffic because i have to tap dance on the shifter to hustle through cars. yeah sure, maybe i should slow down and go with the flow of traffic, but what fun would that be? out on the highway, the RD is sooooooo much fun though. but i have a xr750 tail on it with no passenger seat, even though my ex keeps requesting that i put one on it...off topic. but if you are going two up, i would look to getting something with more torque...just my opinion though

·
Registered
699 Posts
they don't burn holes in pistons? i will argue that point! true, i blew my crank seals out and stopped up my petcock all at the same time, but they will hole a piston. i dont know how an RD runs stock, but with my chambers on it, you just have to be above 5500 to get any kind of rush out of it. other than my pods and pipes though, my motor is stock too, but i wouldn't call it smooth or torquey by any stretch. also, if you are building a "true" cafe bike...tricking it out for speed is the whole basis of the genre.

·
Registered
699 Posts
yes, kh's are VERY hard to find parts for...and my bike...i blew out my crank seals and had a clogged petcock which lead to its demise. it is tuned right, jetting is spot on...i just should have inspected the bottom end before i woke it up from its 20 year nap...youth and beauty is no match for old age and treachery!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.