1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha classic bikes - all in bits :)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself...

My name is Jackie and together with my husband we run a small Yamaha parts online shop. I don't want this to be a sales pitch, basically we love the classic bikes and happened to come across a business proposition where we could sell Yamaha rubber parts as a retailer. We know that most of you can probably clean up the main bike parts and source out the nuts and bolts, but it is had to manufacture at home the all important obsolete rubber dampers, grommets, bushings, footrest rubbers etc. that make riding the bike pleasure not pain! And that is where we come in.

So far we are concentrating on Yamaha parts only with hope to expand to other Japanese brands in future, thus the name of our company Sumo Rubber.
Here are few links for the most common bike categories:
1973-75 Yamaha RD250 & RD350
1976-80 Yamaha RD250 & RD400
Yamaha SR400 & SR500
Yamaha XS650 & XS650se
but we have many more...

All that I'm expecting from joining your forum is monitor the market to see what parts you guys need so we can see if we can get them reproduced and added to the stock, with the odd help if anyone is looking for something we already have. So if you are struggling to find a rubber part for your Yamaha café racer, please get in touch!

Jackie

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Just had a look on your site, some good stuff on there.

I’m guessing that at the moment you’re more or less in direct competition with Yambits.

Just a thought, how about branching out to 2 strokes in general. I’m only saying this as I’ve been working on a KH250 for the last month or so, and sourcing a few parts wasn’t as straight forward as I thought it might be.

My next project is an X7, so I’ll soon find out how easy Suzuki 2 stroke parts are to find.

Maybe it’s already out there, but if you could come up with a go to 2 stroke site it could be a winner, but on the other hand I’m probably talking complete bollocks.

All the best with the venture Jackie.

·
Registered
Yamaha classic bikes - all in bits :)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a look on your site, some good stuff on there.

I’m guessing that at the moment you’re more or less in direct competition with Yambits.

Just a thought, how about branching out to 2 strokes in general. I’m only saying this as I’ve been working on a KH250 for the last month or so, and sourcing a few parts wasn’t as straight forward as I thought it might be.

My next project is an X7, so I’ll soon find out how easy Suzuki 2 stroke parts are to find.

Maybe it’s already out there, but if you could come up with a go to 2 stroke site it could be a winner, but on the other hand I’m probably talking complete bollocks.

All the best with the venture Jackie.
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your comment and encouraging suggestion.

When we started, we had big dreams of getting rubber parts for all Japanese vintage models and we are still hoping to achieve that goal in future. However we have underestimated the amount of time it takes to get from an idea to a viable business in todays competitive online market. We didn't know how much is involved technically in running an eshop and how difficult it is to spread the world and get people to find us.

We have been trading for almost 4 years now with excellent feedback, but many people still have no idea about our existence and that is why I'm now turning to the forum communities.

We have also started cooperating closely with customers around the world to bring to the market some Yamaha parts that have been obsolete for years and no-one else offers. So the differentiation between us and the above mentioned company is coming. We are hoping to concentrate more on the perishable rubber and plastic parts than any other and top it up with excellent service and individual approach. Hopefully we will be rewarded with customer loyalty and great recommendations which in turn will mean more parts for the community and chance for us to expand to other Japanese brand such as Suzuki, Kawasaki or Honda.

So thank you for your feedback, maybe in near future we will be able to assist with parts for your next project.

Jackie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts