Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm turning 16 in July and this bike is coming in a couple of weeks. It's a Yamaha RZ50 water-cooled, 6 gears, 2 stroke 50cc, what do you guys think? The first image is one I took and the second the same bike but a better picture I found online.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
840 Posts
As I recall the factory is forced to detune the motors to get the hp low enough for road sales or so it was in the late 90's when i spent some time on the IOM. I wanted to bring one home then and still want one. I believe there is a port height adjuster in the exhaust port and a restrictor washer in the intake. Remove both an install a jet kit and you've instantly doubled the output.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I believe there is a port height adjuster in the exhaust port and a restrictor washer in the intake. Remove both an install a jet kit and you've instantly doubled the output.
They kinda do the same with the PW50's - a restrictor washer at the exhaust port and a screw on the throttle tube to limit the opening.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That little thing is awesome. I'm 30 and would ride the shit out of that. I don't think the grin would go haha.
It will look and go 10x better than the other shit box's you see 16 year olds riding.
Well done for having taste at such a young age.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There is a fellow on this site that could make you a nice copy of a TA125 tank to put on there.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Everyone should have one of these in the garage. Perfect little neighborhood ride.

I think it's perfect just as is.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
They were all over Tokyo and Yokohama when I visited there. So many nice little 2 strokes back than in the early 90s.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a Japanese inport, the deposit is down and I'm picking it up in a week or two from now, I'll send some better pics but I can't ride it until July so until then it's exams :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
They kinda do the same with the PW50's - a restrictor washer at the exhaust port and a screw on the throttle tube to limit the opening.
That was the deal in Switzerland when I was growing up in the '60's. Mopeds were restricted to 30 kmh. Drivers licenses for anything bigger or faster required a minimum age of 18 & lots of drivers ed. The best we could do was to buy a 2 speed Sachs moped and drill out the intake restricter, mess with the exhaust (usually just ended up with more noise), change the sprocket ratios and put on a huge carb. This, of course, was illegal! I was busted for going 50kmh.(Not fast enough to outrun the police VW Beetles). The police confiscated the bike and crushed it. The beginning of my life of crime!

Jim B

1 - 20 of 27 Posts