Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !
I am an independent motorcycle mechanic from Switzerland and I started this year in the motorcycle project and I present my first to you:
SR 125 from 1992 in café racer or neo retro.

most of the parts have been powder coated, revised, checked to offer a beautiful new life, no costs to predict.

To give you an idea, this entire discount took about 85 hours of work! Since this is a first, it is normal that it takes a lot of time, in return it has given me a lot of experience for the next Concept.

It is a low bike with good stability and an engine that has character (for 125 cc), ideally designed for the city

I hope you like it !

Robin

Calame Concept Moto

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I'm pretty sure Allan Clews wouldn't like you using his CCM trademark?
CCM were still being built in 2015, an acquaintance has one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hockey CCM stands for Canadian Cycle Manufacturers, they built bicycles before hockey gear. Nothing to do with motorcycles so no trademark infringement.
this was an example of a shortened name, since you have a problem with that I wouldn't use it. but that was not the subject of the concept motorcycle

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I don't have a problem with CCM, just pointing out you could have had a problem.
As a concept bike, what are you trying to covey to viewer?
The 'urban warrior' has been done multiple times.
I don't know how strict the regulations are in Switzerland (probably changed a lot since Egli made bikes?)
Your presenting to a somewhat jaded crowd here who have been 'playing' with bikes a long time and we don't see anything new or innovative.
You changed a few parts, cut down some parts, put some paint on, pretty much 'run of the mill to the regulars here.
I know you spent a bunch of time, effort and thought on it (plus probably too much money).
Hopefully you will see this as constructive criticism? (maybe that's why you came here instead of one of the 'Ooh, Aah' sites?)
Good luck, it's a difficult market to get into, most here realise it's just an expensive hobby (although cheaper than many others)

Reactions: CalameConceptMoto

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a problem with CCM, just pointing out you could have had a problem.
As a concept bike, what are you trying to covey to viewer?
The 'urban warrior' has been done multiple times.
I don't know how strict the regulations are in Switzerland (probably changed a lot since Egli made bikes?)
Your presenting to a somewhat jaded crowd here who have been 'playing' with bikes a long time and we don't see anything new or innovative.
You changed a few parts, cut down some parts, put some paint on, pretty much 'run of the mill to the regulars here.
I know you spent a bunch of time, effort and thought on it (plus probably too much money).
Hopefully you will see this as constructive criticism? (maybe that's why you came here instead of one of the 'Ooh, Aah' sites?)
Good luck, it's a difficult market to get into, most here realise it's just an expensive hobby (although cheaper than many others)
thank you for your constructive comment!
it is a first project to learn the preparation and only to then sell it, it is clear that it will not be a very profitable motorcycle because the 125s are not expensive new and do not take in value.
indeed in Switzerland it is very regulatory and for example changing the structure of the chassie will require a sure test bench (it costs thousands of chf)

to get back to it yes I know that it is not innovative but just show you to those who are interested and why not give ideas to other people (not necessarily only for the forum)

but if the forum only wants innovation it is clear that unfortunately I am limited in Switzerland and I will not publish anything here if you want

·
Registered
200 Posts
IMHO if you start with a nothing bike you end up with a modified nothing bike that is worth less than one left stock. this is a case in point.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
To me the main thing is that you are making it to ride and not just to sell. Then you ride the **** out of it until it'e worn out and then upgrade to a newer better ride.

I've got one of these on order if something like a pandemic doesn't prevent delivery

can you imagine riding something as ridiculous as this, it doesn't even have a seat.
and it costs about 90$ per pound.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
It's an exercise machine.
I rode all through the winter on one missing only 3 weeks because the powder snow was too deep or when the temps were so extreme cold my tires would be destroyed. One of the benefits of global warming.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts