Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
you have enough free time to build that but not enough to take a color photograph? seriously?

Free air pods? whomever gave them to you for free didn't do you any favors.

some of the things in your mod list don't show up in the pic.

Fuck your facebook profile. Seriously, fuck it right in it's whore mouth. Edit: you got rid of that pretty quick. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
you have enough free time to build that but not enough to take a color photograph? seriously?

Free air pods? whomever gave them to you for free didn't do you any favors.

some of the things in your mod list don't show up in the pic.

Fuck your facebook profile. Seriously, fuck it right in it's whore mouth. Edit: you got rid of that pretty quick. Thanks.
Not before I clicked it.

Love it. How to build a cafe on a budget with about a $2.05 sitting on a wooden fence rail. (I'm contemplating getting financially raped on a custom rear disc carrier for my cheap build)

I'm laughing (and crying) on the inside...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
That said, the bike he posts as his inspiration isn't ugly and looks like i would be a pretty cool scoot around a track.
Not excited about the mismatched tires and those forks look like they'll flex without a proper brace and then the whole pods and fenderless things...

·
Registered
559 Posts
hi guys, i want to show my free time project, i'm working with this bike then i have some free time so everything is going slow, but as i dreaming the final result have to be very nice.

so about my yamaha:

the base is yamaha xj600 51j bike

mod list:
custom frame
custom fuel tank
cafe racer single seat
custom rear spoiler
chevy rear tail light
R17 wheels superbike
kawasaki zxr 750 upsidedown front forks
yamaha r6 rear swingarm
free air air pods
remus short sport exhaust
new/used 51j engine
koso multimeter
and also all new small things...

View attachment 16147
you should have pre-qualified the bad photochop pic as just a bad rendering :p

welcome in !

EDIT:
OP deleted photochop , so I pulled it from the cache :

16147d1442347577-yamaha-xj-600-51j-caferacer-project-_mg_8968-copy22.jpg

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It's a mirror image too. the Yamaha is backwards.
The vents in the front disc go the wrong way.
the right grip magically disappears behind the tank.

Now it makes sense.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
so about my yamaha:

the base is yamaha xj600 51j bike

View attachment 16147

Wait....so this is an "inspiration" and not the actual bike? WTF.

Ok Chron, back up and start over. Give us a proper introduction. That includes name (first only), location (if US state only is fine, if other country like england that is fine too), years riding, experience with motorcycles, etc...

The link for the facebook page goes in the profile. If you want to reference it in your posts, don't do it on the first one.

Think about how you want to introduce yourself and tell us that story. I and most of the rest of the internet honestly could give too shits about the actual bike so you have to make it interesting at least. This doesn't mean you should wax poetic about the spirit of riding and your "vision" but tell us plainly what it is you want the bike to do and how you are accomplishing that. It is not some badge of honor that you started from junk, as much as you think it is some cool tough guy thing that you dragged it out of a lake from hell it isn't. What is cool is demonstrating that you are thinking about the mods you make and your parts selection and you aren't just some lost in the flood noob who is screwing crap together to make a bigger single unit pile of junk. Talk about the process.

Open with a pic of the bike in it's most completed state.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It was better thinking that the bike was just a photoshopped mess. Knowing that it's a real bike featured on Bike EXIF just makes it so much worse.

The rear monoshock top mount looks like an enema waiting to happen.

Detabbing the frame, painting it, taking pictures of it and posting them, then realizing you have to weld in brackets to actually mount stuff. priceless.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Putting a roller on top of the chain line to clear the swingarm is a band-aid fix at best. Looks like this bike will never get ridden in anger....or not for long anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts