Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike to read 104mph, weather or not that was actual speed as the old speedos aren't exactly cutting edge technology. But for a cb500, its cooool to me. I didn't want to hit my brakes goin that fast so I sat up a bit after laying on the tank to slow down from that speed. Lets just say I'm lucky to be able to still type, and my bike didn't fall apart. Stock specs say it top speed is 110mph.

And Yes, the title was extremely necessary.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I think smokey is itching for a race...

BTW - Next time you spin up the speedo, take a good look at your tires before you do (if their not new), I'd hate to read about another splat on the road.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have about 1500 miles on the tires, but it was still vibrating so much I couldn't see goin any faster even if the bike could. My brain would probably hemerage.
And to 2smoke, I think 12/16 a ton was worth mentioning as I looked back and seen what I thought was a gopher crossing the road.

·
Registered
699 Posts
for some reason, some one out there called "the ton" 100mph. we don't know who, but they didn't have their wits about them because ton or tonne equals nothing close to 100. and then...magically, "the ton" stuck with the cafe genre. aren't we so lucky? it is kind of like the number 59, or checkered flag stripes on a bike...or...flat black. it is a 1%ers genre thing. lets all go ton up tonight!

·
Registered
69 Posts
We use the ton lingo for our camaros.... except we say do the double ton =D (200 mph is fucking insane on the I-95!) Btw, after a few near deaths and almsot worse, near crashing my beloved camaro.. I've realized these cars shouldn't be going that fast.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
It would be interesting to find the origin of "the ton" as related to 100mph. Its been around England forever. But as to its origins? I'll be at El Mirage this weekend trying for the ton + 30.

·
Registered
854 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Coopster54

Define fat. Any chick who weighs 145 lbs says shes fat right?
That'll be fine with me!!!!!
Remember that she ain't a lady unless she's over 280.

·
Registered
237 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oneworden

quote:Originally posted by Coopster54

Define fat. Any chick who weighs 145 lbs says shes fat right?
That'll be fine with me!!!!!
Remember that she ain't a lady unless she's over 280.

I'm going to stop right there, thier are way to many pictures to post on it and I'm about to hurl

·
Registered
546 Posts
Somebody should probably hide this topic before Geeto gets a wiff of it and comes in here and raises hell I mean next thing we know people are going to be asking whats the best place on the bike to paint their 59. haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts