Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Kneeslider:

CB1100r concept bike..........GIMME!!!!!

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
seems like everyone wants to build a ducati monster.....
kind of retroish....i like it

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure about he 'Monster-ish' comment but most certainly retro. I really like the idea of a bike with modern performance and retro styling. This is a very sweet looking bike, I hope they build it!

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
y'all need to look up the original 1983 cb1100R bikes to full appreciate the "retro-ness" of that bike.

Forget the monster, the cb1100R was where it was at in 83 (if you lived in another country besdes the US since they never sold them here).

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
retro to the max really its a bute!!!
Id buy one .I see where some one would think ducati..if honda race bikes are not in their memory banks.
But its pure honda even the half fairing helps hammer the retro feel home.but you instantly see the frame hangs the engine gran prix style or like a honda cm,but dual tubes.only thing ducati is the tail light/license plate hanger.
Great instant classic bike!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
people forget that the monster was a retro bike when it came out in 1992, ducati's attempt to recreate the old "standard" bikes drawing influences off the old sport and supersports as well as old triumphs, nortons, and hondas. At the time a majority of the bikes being made were either repli-racers or crusiers, with the nighthawk being the only other standard selling at the time. Sure it redefined the sport standard and created interest in an otherwise dead market but not ever retro bike made today is a copy of the monster.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
More original cb1100r images, this time a 1982 and 83. Red white and blue predates the interceptor.

1500 models were made each year (1050 in 1981).

some of the cool original things that this bike had were:

- carbon fiber fairing. This replaced the earlier fairing as it had a tendency to lift the front end at high speed. I am not sure but this may be one of the first uses of carbon fiber on a production motorcycle

- Vented disc brakes. The rotors were hollow inside like a car's rotors to aid in cooling

- Braided brake lines thoughout the bike. This sucker stops. The 1981 cb1100R is the first honda to use dual piston calipers. All the F bikes got these brakes in 1982.

- liberal use of black chrome. Actually this is something the cb1100F and R share in common. They also share a swingarm which was boxed steel instead of tubular.

this doesn't seem all that cutting edge now but remember this was 1982!

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
What's that yellow cover sticking out of the fairing there on that last pix...Is that the OEM finish or did someone paint it?

Joe, I bet it's heavily oil cooled...see the big cut out under the headlights.

The more I look at the bike the more I like it.

JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 42 Posts