Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Corey, have you computed the return on your advertising costs? I mean, for every dollar you spend on advertising, how much do you get in return? I have a small business too, and I like learn what works for others.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Corey, have you computed the return on your advertising costs? I mean, for every dollar you spend on advertising, how much do you get in return? I have a small business too, and I like learn what works for others.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not precisely. my host lets me track where people come from. and will follow a click into the site all the way to the item purchased. the pipeburn ad for example paid for itself. by click to purchase. but i haven't done any actual ratios or anything. the bike exif is to new, but... if revenue increases like traffic... :D

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not precisely. my host lets me track where people come from. and will follow a click into the site all the way to the item purchased. the pipeburn ad for example paid for itself. by click to purchase. but i haven't done any actual ratios or anything. the bike exif is to new, but... if revenue increases like traffic... :D

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
Keep track of all of it, because even though traffic is high you may not be netting any sales from the actual ad. With the volume you deal in you will know pretty quick, but in any business breaking it down into single dollar ratios is the best way to compare anything.

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
Keep track of all of it, because even though traffic is high you may not be netting any sales from the actual ad. With the volume you deal in you will know pretty quick, but in any business breaking it down into single dollar ratios is the best way to compare anything.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Wrote an advertising treatise, but brevity's underrated on the interwebs...

Almost every time I run an ad for my carwash I think it was a waste of money. Did a half ass of a job advertising last year, but more than before. We were up almost 20% for the year. Nothing else changed.

So one of my things for 2011 is to do whatever I can to create brand awareness. Don't think it can be underestimated.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Wrote an advertising treatise, but brevity's underrated on the interwebs...

Almost every time I run an ad for my carwash I think it was a waste of money. Did a half ass of a job advertising last year, but more than before. We were up almost 20% for the year. Nothing else changed.

So one of my things for 2011 is to do whatever I can to create brand awareness. Don't think it can be underestimated.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Did for me last year. So far so good this year, advertising a carwash during an Iowa winter is a little dicey.

You need to give people a reason to interact with you the first time. You need to have a message. Why you, your products, your general aura's positive. i.e. Lloyd Vintage's good because....

This is the area of my business expertise that's the weakest. My mission for the year is to get better at it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts