Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Did for me last year. So far so good this year, advertising a carwash during an Iowa winter is a little dicey.

You need to give people a reason to interact with you the first time. You need to have a message. Why you, your products, your general aura's positive. i.e. Lloyd Vintage's good because....

This is the area of my business expertise that's the weakest. My mission for the year is to get better at it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Lloyd Vintage seemingly espouses itself as the carrier of niche, rare, and exotic parts which are already desirable because of some Pacific builders. I think that's the main thing setting you apart--exotic, desirable parts.

Endorsement from this crowd might go a long way, too...don't know how much there is here, though. Most of us are looking for deals and on-the-cheap solutions. Finally, you have access to stuff that most of us don't and are willing to pile special orders on top of your ordering. All of that makes you wortha first look. I think Lloyd Vintage is off to to a great start. Just don't get stuck with inventory you can't move.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Lloyd Vintage seemingly espouses itself as the carrier of niche, rare, and exotic parts which are already desirable because of some Pacific builders. I think that's the main thing setting you apart--exotic, desirable parts.

Endorsement from this crowd might go a long way, too...don't know how much there is here, though. Most of us are looking for deals and on-the-cheap solutions. Finally, you have access to stuff that most of us don't and are willing to pile special orders on top of your ordering. All of that makes you wortha first look. I think Lloyd Vintage is off to to a great start. Just don't get stuck with inventory you can't move.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am aware that trends change. I am hoping watching what sells and what doesn't and most importantly following these blogs and magazines I don't mind adapting.

Today has been a good day for sales too btw. The revenue is eeking up. Not at the graphs pace.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am aware that trends change. I am hoping watching what sells and what doesn't and most importantly following these blogs and magazines I don't mind adapting.

Today has been a good day for sales too btw. The revenue is eeking up. Not at the graphs pace.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Transient on more than one plane.

Trends change = inventory control yes. The right answer to 87% of all business related questions is inventory control.

Transient also in the sense of those moving in and out of the hobby. Look at just this board. All the guys that are all over it for maybe a year, did(or started) one project, never to be heard from again.

That is the norm. So your need to build awareness will never cease.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You got it.

A large share of your advertising should be aimed at the flaky project people but in such a way you don't lose cred with the olde time biker dude types.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good deal Corey, glad it's working for you!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts