Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I kinda throw up a little in my mouth when people name their "project" bikes. Like Bonita Applebom, etc…..

Having said that I unofficially named my Intruder Rosie….as in AC/DC Whole Lotta Rosie……(ain't exactly pretty, ain't exactly small)

It came about when I was on a 2 week bike tour - had a lot of time to think and talk to the bike…..
The Ducati guys are the top offenders with elaborate 2 part italian names. Bella Rossa and crap like that.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I used to love 70's and 80's showbike names. Things like "The Rose" and "The french Tickler" - the perfect combination of good old fashioned low class humor or faux senstivie side and unimaginative naming. I used to think it was hilarious that you would have these tough dudes naming thie bikes "the dew drop" and the "guilded lilly". I have a friend whose 70's show bike was named bluebeard's treasure. It is a fantastic 1968 sportster with a mural of bluebeard, treasure chests, and topless wenches (lots of topless wenches), also lots of gold or copper plating and engraving. He used to have another one called the "Vader Raider" that was all star wars murals. Fantastic and done completely in earnst.

These cafe kids with their "too artsy" too cool for school names have nothing on these old 70's show bike stuff. They are too imaginative to be actually novel, usually don't have the low brow double and triple sex entendre's and just generally blow. I wish they would find something original in the hobby, and being cheap and more into how it looks than how it rides isn't novel - it's lazy.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Please. Who cares. If a guy call his bike a girls name and starts tonguing the ignition, then I'd worry. There are way worse traits that the cool kids hold when doing anything with their bike. Indicating with the leg instead of a perfectly good blinker sets me off for some reason. Mind you I think I'm a 70 year old man now. How did that happen?

I called my first honda 250 Lulu, mainly cause that was the noise SHE made. Lululululululululululululululululu. Etc.

My Honda 500/550 is Sandy. Mainly cause she gives me a sandy Ass.

Face it. Everyone has damn names for everything. Stop worrying about it and go find that dudes thread where he cut the TZR125 frame, machined more than I will in my life and made 3 YZR500's that make my eyes bleed. Life is too short.

·
Registered
865 Posts
its not that sad. i could tell you how much it annoys me to see people using the acronym rofl but ill leave that for another day. i guess your the kinda guy who uses "her" or "she" when referring to your bike. im sorry if i offended you.
Just for you, buddy.

Roflcopter.gif

rofl! zomg, omgbombs!

·
Registered
71 Posts
from now when i refer to one of my bikes, ill use bitch, as in "the bitch runs great", "got new shocks for the bitch" , "wrecked the bitch" etc.
I've been doing that for a while. I have a "Stable of Bitches"
There's the "Queen Bitch," my '65 VW drag race car, the "Little Black Bitch", the 300 Zookie, (recently sold and looking for a replacement bitch) and the "Big Blue Bitch" the '02 Sportster.

My lady friend is the "Crazy Bitch"

I love all my bitches!
They're all "Bitchin'"

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I've been doing that for a while. I have a "Stable of Bitches"
There's the "Queen Bitch," my '65 VW drag race car, the "Little Black Bitch", the 300 Zookie, (recently sold and looking for a replacement bitch) and the "Big Blue Bitch" the '02 Sportster.

My lady friend is the "Crazy Bitch"

I love all my bitches!
They're all "Bitchin'"

21 - 30 of 30 Posts