Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oh look, a 'Fixie' - if I remember the CL ad correctly, trannys in Portland will literally knock 'fixie' riders off their bikes to blow them.

Is locking the bike to a subway car even remotely legal? Does the owner even care? I think not.

Love the rain bonnet on the seat. Or is that to deflect the urine/vomit/coffee spills?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a bright sunny day today so I am going to go with urine/diarrhea/vomit.

No it isn't legal.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Emit R Detsaw

Oh look, a 'Fixie' - if I remember ...d correctly, trannys in Portland will literally knock 'fixie' riders offtheir bikes to blow them.

And you know this how? :)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW the owner of this "fixie" was getting a blowie from a hipster tranny just outside of frame.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Well, that's because the tranny that was giving me a hand job last time I was in Portland told me, of course. S/he said that the only thing that stopped he/r from workin' the shaft with those stubble-ringed lips was the fact I was riding a Vespa and not a 'fixie'. The excema on he/r arms and the dirt under he/r nails were a bit of a turn-off, but the work was eventually completed, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
the 'fixie' in the pic has brakes. front only is ok, both brakes = fail. bike could be a 'single speed". drop out are right for a single speed frame.the bars give it away. drops would be a wanna be track rider. risers are hipster.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by dirkchecken

the 'fixie' in the pic has brakes. front only is ok, both brakes = fail. bike could be a 'single speed". drop out are right for a single speed frame.the bars give it away. drops would be a wanna be track rider. risers are hipster.
Bike Nerd.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
[/quote]

Bike Nerd.
[/quote]thanks, ill go with that. not a hipster thou.cause 1- i shave, 2- i shower,3- i dont spray that musk smelling stuff on to mask my body oder, and 4-i race the bike.hipsters try to make a 'in' ,in bike racing , but they find out you actually have to "race". so what you get in cx is 1 hipster races (either beg. or single speed class) and his 20 buddies hang out(for some reason they are attracted to large rocks, so you usually find them there)

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Yep - it's a single speed / free wheel / non fixie. I've built a few in my time.

Running a fixie without toe clips is a fast track to broken limbs.

By the way - if you think we are tough on newbies and hipsters, you should check out the single speed / fixed gear area over here:

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php

They don't hold back at all.....

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Yep - it's a single speed / free wheel / non fixie. I've built a few in my time.

Running a fixie without toe clips is a fast track to broken limbs.

By the way - if you think we are tough on newbies and hipsters, you should check out the single speed / fixed gear area over here:

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php

They don't hold back at all.....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
do m/c hipsters smoke "sweet and milds" like the bike hipsters do? i have to admit i like the smell over patchouli. the only thing patchouli is good for is a line in a al stewart song

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
do m/c hipsters smoke "sweet and milds" like the bike hipsters do? i have to admit i like the smell over patchouli. the only thing patchouli is good for is a line in a al stewart song

1 - 18 of 18 Posts